Third Grade Writing
6. Use technology, including the Internet, to produce and publish writing and to interact and collaborate with others.
7. Conduct short as well as more sustained research projects based on focused questions, demonstrating understanding of the subject under investigation.
8. Gather relevant information from multiple print and digital sources, assess the credibility and accuracy of each source, and integrate the information while avoiding plagiarism.
Publish Writing in SeeSaw
SeeSaw is a fantastic way to capture and share student growth in writing. Parents and students love to see the growth from the beginning to the end of the year.
Record Writer's Workshop
- Students take a photo of their writing and tap the microphone to read their writing.
- Then students listen to at least 3 other pieces and provide specific, positive comments.
Google Docs and Writer's Workshop
By third grade, all students should be able to type and draft their writing in Google Docs by the second trimester. Google Docs will be used for peer feedback and collaboration during the writing process.
Multi Page Books with SeeSaw
Students collaborate in Google Docs to give writing feedback and revise. Students use the new multi page option in SeeSaw to share a longer piece of writing with a buddy class.
Fairy Tales with Green Screen and DoInk
Need a 3rd grade sample from Jen Johnson.
DoInk Green Screen App:
SeeSaw at Open House!
- Put iPads or Chromebooks out at Open House so that students can complete this activity with their family.
- Post this Activity in advance with a note to parents so that they can do the activity from home if they are unable to attend Open House.
- If you prefer to have families use their phones, then have students make a journal post that families could leave a comment on and simply print out the QR codes to student assignments. Directions are below.
Here are some helpful tips as you end your school year with SeeSaw and get ready for Open House:
- How do we print out thumbnails and QR codes for a student’s entire journal for Open House? (note should NOT be done in color at 12￠ per page and set printing to print 9 pages on one page)
- How do I get a QR code for a Seesaw post?
- How do I tell viewers what to do with the QR code?
- How do families and students download an archive of student work?
- How long do families have access to their child’s Seesaw journal?