1. Students will demonstrate understanding of history
a. Heritage of Osceola County
1. Development of agriculture
3. Difference of child's life today vs. pioneers
2. Students will demonstrate understanding of government/political science
1. Cities, towns, rural areas
2. Expectations of rules and laws within the community
3. Students will demonstrate understanding of geography
a. Map Skills
1. Natural features and how created
2. Map key and symbols
a. Time line/graph
3. States, boundaries, countries, continents
1. Describe ways people differ in parts of the world
4. Students will demonstrate understanding of economics
a. Natural resources and farming
b. Goods and services
1. Advantages and disadvantages of distribution of goods
2. Farming and economics
Developmental Standards for All Grades
1. Students will be able to interact well with all people, appreciate cultural diversity, and work cooperatively.
2. Students will be able to apply thinking, research, and communication skills to the social sciences.
3. Students will be able to function properly as a citizen of your community, state, and nation.
4. Students will be able to relate current events to past, future, and current life and heritage.
Social Studies >