100 Benefits of Meditation
1. Lowers oxygen consumption.
2. Decreases respiratory rate.
3. Increases blood flow and slows the heart rate.
4. Increases exercise tolerance.
5. Leads to a deeper level of physical relaxation.
6. Helps lower high blood pressure.
7. Reduces anxiety attacks by lowering the levels of blood lactate.
8. Decreases muscle tension
9. Helps in chronic diseases like allergies, arthritis etc.
10. Reduces pre-menstrual syndrome symptoms.
11. Helps in post-operative healing.
12. Enhances the immune system.
13. Reduces activity of viruses and emotional distress
14. Enhances energy, strength and vigor.
15. Helps with weight loss as one becomes more aware of eating habits.
16. Reduces free radicals leading to less tissue damage.
17. Increases skin health.
18. Reduces cholesterol levels, lowers risk of cardiovascular diseases.
19. Improves flow of air to the lungs resulting in easier breathing.
20. Decreases the aging process.
21. Increases levels of DHEAS (Dehydroepiandrosterone).
22. Prevents, slows or controls pain of chronic diseases.
23. Makes one sweat less.
24. Cures headaches & migraines.
25. Leads to a greater orderliness of brain-f unction.
26. Reduces need for medical care.
27. Reduces waste of energy.
28. Makes one more inclined to physical activities and fitness.
29. Leads to significant relief from asthma.
30. Improves performance in athletic events.
31. Normalizes weight.
32. Harmonizes endocrine system.
33. Relaxes nervous system.
34. Produces lasting beneficial changes in brain electrical activity.
35. Helps cure infertility (the stresses of infertility can interfere with the release of hormones that regulate ovulation).
36. Builds self-confidence.
37. Increases serotonin level, influences mood and behavior.
38. Resolves phobias & fears.
39. Helps control one's thoughts through higher awareness.
40. Helps with better focus & concentration.
41. Increases creativity.
42. Increases brain wave coherence.
43. Improves learning ability and memory.
44. Increases feelings of vitality and rejuvenation.
45. Increases emotional stability.
46. Improves balance and equilibrium.
47. Slows down the rate of aging of mind.
48. Eases removal of bad habits.
49. Develops intuition.
50. Increases productivity.
51. Improves relations at home & at work.
52. Enables one to see the larger picture in a given situation.
53. Helps one ignore petty issues.
54. Increases one's ability to solve complex problems.
55. Purifies one's character.
56. Develops will-power.
57. Builds greater communication between the two brain hemispheres.
58. Helps one respond more quickly and more effectively to a stressful event.
59. Increases one's perceptual ability and motor performance.
60. Leads to higher intelligence.
61. Increases job satisfaction.
62. Increases the capacity for intimate contact with loved ones.
63. Decreases potential mental illness.
64. Leads to better, more sociable behavior.
65. Reduces one's aggressiveness.
66. Helps in quitting smoking, alcohol addiction.
67. Reduces need and dependency on drugs, pills & pharmaceuticals.
68. Reduces amount of sleep needed to recover from sleep deprivation.
69. Requires less time to fall asleep, helps cure insomnia.
70. Increases sense of responsibility.
71. Reduces road rage.
72. Decreases restless thinking.
73. Decreases tendency to worry.
74. Increases listening skills and empathy.
75. Helps one become discretionary and make more accurate judgments.
76. Builds greater tolerance.
77. Gives composure to act in considered & constructive ways.
78. Grows a stable, more balanced personality by developoing emotional maturity.
79. Increases creativity by unleashing potential of the mind exponentially.
80. Helps keep things in proper perspective.
81. Provides peace of mind, happiness.
82. Helps one discover one's purpose in life.
83. Increases self-actualization.
84. Increases compassion.
85. Grows wisdom.
86. Leads to deeper understanding of oneself and others.
87. Brings body, mind, and spirit in harmony.
88. Leads to deeper Level of spiritual relaxation.
89. Increases acceptance of oneself and others.
90. Helps learn forgiveness.
91. Changes attitude towards life.
92. Creates a deeper relationship with one's God or higher self.
93. Increases the synchronicity in one's life.
94. Makes one more attuned to one's inner voice.
95. Helps living in the present moment.
96. Creates a widening, deepening capacity for love.
97. Leads to discovery of the power and consciousness beyond the ego.
98. Leads one to experience an inner sense of assurance or knowingness.
99. Leads one to experience a sense of Oneness.
100. Leads to enlightenment.