SARVANG Yog 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Offered by Vidya Nahar, ERYT-500, at VYAYAM
Completion of this training will enable the trainees to register with Yoga Alliance (www.yogaalliance.org) for the RYT -200 (Registered Yoga Teacher - 200 hr) designation by paying the applicable dues to YA. This designation is widely recognized in the yoga and fitness industry, and many a times, is a required qualification to start teaching yoga in various settings, such as yoga studios, fitness clubs, community centers.
Even if one doesn't want to start teaching yoga right away, this teacher training is an excellent way to deepen one's personal physical and spiritual practice, grow one's understanding of yoga philosophy, and improve one's quality of life by developing body - breath - mind awareness.
When one commits to be a teacher, that's when one really starts to grow as a learner, and the universe becomes thy teacher! - Vidya Nahar.
Objectives of VYAYAM's SARVANG Yog 200 hr YTT :
1) To discuss various definitions of yoga from different yogic texts, and eight limbs of yoga based on Yoga-Sutra by Patanjali.
2) To familiarize trainees with basic joints and glands exercises, and at least 60 basic yoga postures in a combination of various standing, seated, supine, prone, lateral, twisting, and inverted asanas - their names, benefits, related anatomy, precautions, and cueing guidelines.
3) To demonstrate usage of different props such as blocks, straps, walls, chairs, wheels in assisting / advancing different yoga poses.
4) To acquaint trainees with importance of breathing, qualities of a good breath, three connections of a breath, and 8 Pranayam techniques.
5) To introduce trainees to Yoga Nidra, meditation techniques, mantra chanting with correct Sanskrit pronunciation, seven chkaras, five koshas, and basic concepts of Ayurveda.
6) To give ample small group / one on one teaching practice to all YTT trainees.
Through VYAYAM's SARVANG Yog YTT, trainees will be exposed to different styles of yoga practice, such as Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga, Yin Yoga, Chair Yoga, Kriya Yoga, and Laughter Yoga.
Lead Teacher - Vidya Nahar, ERYT-500
Vidya has been practicing yoga on personal level for more than 40 years. She has been teaching several different styles of yoga - Hatha Yoga, Vinyasa Yoga, Kriya Yoga, Chair Yoga, Yin Yoga, Laughter Yoga, and Yoga-Pilates Fusion to adults and kids in northwest suburbs of Chicago since 2004. She regularly offers workshops such as "Yoga for a Healthy Back", "Laughter Yoga", and "Yogic Breathing Techniques" at local community centers. She completed her 200 hour YTT at Lotus Yoga Teacher Training School directed by Shirley Walter in the tradition of Himalayan Yoga, and 500 hour YTT at Rishikesh Yog Peeth in India. Vidya has an active Youtube channel (www.youtube.com/c/vidyanahar), where she regularly posts videos covering different aspects of yoga practice.
Time Commitment -
VYAYAM's fourth SARVANG Yog 200 hour YTT will run online via zoom from September 7, 2021 to March 19, 2022 - covering a period of 26 weeks, offering at least 180 hours of direct contact learning with the lead teacher, and more than 30 hours of non-contact learning through assigned reading and video assignments.
Classes will meet online via zoom every Saturday 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., and every Tuesday 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., beginning September 7, 2021 and ending March 19, 2022. All times are according to the central time zone.
Thanksgiving break will be observed November 27, winter break will be observed December 25, 2021 - January 1, 2022.
95% class attendance is mandatory for each trainee to graduate from VYAYAM's SARVANG Yog YTT.
All teacher trainees are required to attend at least two online live group yoga classes offered by VYAYAM per week.
Qualifications to enroll for VYAYAM's SARVANG Yog 200 hr YTT :
1) Minimum one year of at least once a week group or private yoga class practice with an RYT (Registered Yoga Teacher).
2) One letter of reference from your yoga teacher or your fellow yoga practitioner from your group yoga practice.
3) One letter of reference from any other professional acquaintance.
4) An essay of 2-3 paragraphs, explaining why you want to attend this YTT.
5) Please email items 2, 3, 4 given above to email@example.com within a week after you submit your application at the top of the page.