Why have a private lesson?
Private lessons are the most efficient way to ramp-up your skills, speed up the learning process and focus your development on the specific areas which need to be addressed
How do I schedule a private?
Private training is scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis. Use the calendar below to find an available day and time convenient for you. Most private lessons are on Sundays during the school year and on Mondays, Wednesdays and select Sundays in the summer
Once you are ready, please call Coach Ap Clarke at 281-221-3624 or email Ap Clarke, and she will arrange a mutally agreed upon date and time for your training
What is done in a private lesson?
The private lesson is your time. It will be structured specifically based on your needs and your experience. Training has shown that it is best to focus on about 2 skills in a session so that you get the most out of your time. Often trying to accomplish too much in one hour can be distracting and overwhelming. We want you to be sucessful and to retain the things we teach you!
Who might want a private lesson?
- Beginner who would benefit from an introduction to key volleyball skills before entering the court with others in a group practice
- All-levels: Preparation for a team tryout
- All-levels: Increased repetitions in specific skills (serving, passing, serve receive, hitting, setting, blocking, digging, etc.)
- All-levels: Increased repetitions in a specific position (Middle Hitter, Setter, Defensive Specialist, Libero, Right Side Hitter, Outside Hitter)
- All-levels: Develop and learn new techniques within a specific skill (example: float serve, top-spin serve, zone serving)
What does a private lesson cost?
- 1 Player: $125
- 2 Players: $75 each
- 3 Players: $60 each
- 4 Players: $50 each
If you opt for a semi-private hour, you must form your own twosome, threesome or foursome. Often, team-mates and friends are a good choice for a shared lesson