Check out our calendar for information on upcoming club events and activities.
Our club participates in various contests and events throughout the year, especially those which are targeted at school clubs or newly licensed operators.
- 2020 Spring School Club Roundup - Feb 10-14, 2020
- Radio in the Park with OVARC - August 18, 2018 at Fort Lowell Park (2900 N. Craycroft Rd) from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM
- 2018 Fall Club Fair - September 6, 2018 on the UA Mall from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Collegiate QSO Party (http://www.gatorradio.org/collegiate.html) - Sept 15, 2018 (0000 UTC) to Sept 16, 2018 (2359 UTC)
- Radio in the Park with RST - Aug 11, 2018 at Jacobs Park (3300 N. Fairfield Ave) from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- Radio in the Park - May 8, 2018 at Chuck Ford Lakeside Park (8201 E. Stella Rd) from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- 2018 Tucson Ham Radio Picnic / Radio in the Park at Christopher Columbus Park - April 28, 2018 (11:00 AM to 5:00 PM)
- 2018 Science City at the Tucson Festival of Books (UA Mall) - March 10-11, 2018 (9:30 AM to 5:30 PM)
- Satellite Comms on the UA Mall by Patrick Stoddard WD9EWK, AMSAT Area Coordinator - February 24, 2018
- Radio in the Park - February 17, 2017 at Reid Park from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- 2018 Spring ARRL School Club Roundup Contest - February 12-16, 2018
- 2018 Spring Club Fair - January 30, 2018 on the UA Mall from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
- 2018 UA Campus Criterium - January 28, 2018 at UA Mall. We provided Emergency Comms for the Bike Races.
- Radio in the Park - December 16, 2017 at Reid Park. We setup an antenna and two radios.
- 2017 Oro Valley ARC Hamfest - November 11, 2017. We sold excess equipment at this event.
- 2017 Fall Club Fair - September 6, 2017 on the UA Mall from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
- 2017 ARRL Field Day - June 24-25, 2017. We operated from Radio Ridge Meadows on Mount Lemmon.
- Club Visit by Major General Charles Bolden, Jr., May 12, 2017 at 1:15 PM to 2:15 PM.
- Club Dinner with Former Club President, Mathias Gibbens, K0WBG - April 28, 2017
- College & Career Night at Pueblo Magnet High School - March 29, 2017. We had a Club and Amateur Radio information table
- 2017 Tucson Spring Hamfest - March 25, 2017. We sold excess equipment at this event.
- 2017 Science City at the Tucson Festival of Books (UA Mall) - March 11-12, 2017.
- 2017 Spring ARRL School Club Roundup - February 13-17, 2017.
- 2017 Spring Club Fair - January 24, 2017 on the UA Mall from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
- 2016 Fall ARRL School Club Roundup
- 2016 Arizona QSO Party
- 2016 Field Day
- For more information about our most recent Field Day activities, please visit the Field Day page.
- 2016 Science City
- We ran a special event station as part of Science City March 12 & 13, 2016. We enjoyed showing HF contacts to the people who stopped by our table.
- 2016 Spring ARRL School Club Roundup
- K7UAZ participated in the Spring edition of the School Club Roundup. We were only able to be active for a few hours, but worked a pretty good pile up while active.
- 2015 Fall ARRL School Club Roundup
- K7UAZ participated in the Fall edition of the School Club Roundup and worked 22 other schools, 2 clubs, and numerous individuals. We placed 7th with 25,116 points.
- 2015 ARRL RTTY Rookie Roundup
- K7UAZ was active as a multi-op station run by K0WBG and KG7QWP. We worked a total of 41 unique stations (18 rookies and 23 oldies). We had a lot of fun and hope the other participants did as well.
4H Contact with Amateur Radio on the International Space Station (ARISS)
August 22, 2015
Watch a group of local 4H students make a successful direct Amateur Radio contact with astronaut Kjell Lindgren, KO5MOS, aboard the International Space Station. K7UAZ assisted with the preparation and setup of equipment for this contact.
Club Spring Dinner
May 30, 2015 | Mathias Gibbens (K0WBG)
Saturday evening club members gathered to enjoy some good food and company to celebrate the end of the school year!
April 7, 2015 | Mathias Gibbens (K0WBG)
David Iadevaia presents on the Arizona Near Space Research (ANSR) program. A complete balloon flight from launch to landing will be presented. Included will be actual video from the balloon as well as the results of instrumentation aboard the balloon which monitored the flight. Description of the process and how interested person may participate in ANSR in support of high altitude balloon flights will be discussed.
2015 Tucson Festival of Books / Science City
January 20, 2015 | Mathias Gibbens (K0WBG)
We're excited to announce that our club will be participating in this year's Tucson Festival of Books as part of Science City, March 14 & 15, 2015. We will be showcasing amateur radio to the many tens of thousands of visitors during this weekend with activities such as:
- A GOTA (get-on-the-air) station for live demos
- Information about new digital modes of communication
- Selected books and information for people to learn more about amateur radio and get licensed
Please come out and see us, March 14 & 15!
Update March 15: Here are some photos of the weekend. We all had a lot of fun showing off amateur radio!
Fall Club Fair
August 26, 2014 | Mathias Gibbens (K0WBG)
We participated in ASUA's annual club fair today, managing to just barely dodge a massive downpour of rain right at the end of the event! We had a table with information and equipment to demonstrate amateur radio to students who stopped by. If you weren't able to see us out on the mall, here are a couple photos to show you what you missed: