Boys HS FALL POLO
2019 HIGH SCHOOL SEASON
FALL HIGH SCHOOL POLO SESSION
What is Fall Polo? - The Fall season is our high school season. Our team is made up of a varsity training group and a JV training group. We will tell athletes which group they are in on the first day, but it is flexible for about the first week, which is our "tryout" week. During this tryout week, our varsity training group will be cut down to 14 players. We do not make cuts at the JV level.
The most crucial elements we look at when evaluating our student athletes are:
This season we are facing some new challenges. With the move to the CIF Central Section, the boys and girls polo seasons are now at the same time. This has led us to get creative with our practice schedule. We are essentially alternating by week- odd weeks and even weeks. Game days will also be a lot different. League games will be held in the afternoons, with a JV game at 3:00pm, a Varsity game at 4:00pm, the second varsity game at 5:00pm, and the second JV game at 6:00pm, which means we should be wrapping up around 7:00pm.
Clearance: all athletes must be cleared to participate in athletics through familyid.com and must have signed the AGHS athletic code.
Dates: August 12 - November 10th
Game Schedule: see below
Parent Involvement – Parents we are going to need your help this year. We would like to make the change to a parent run concession stand. This would help in getting a profit off the front gate and the food will not get eaten by the kids. If possible we would like you to sign up for a the help work the stand. Please go the the events page of the www.eagleaquatics.com website and sign up to work the concession stand. We are asking for each family to work at least 2 shifts at the concession stand. ---- Link to concession stand shifts.
Fundraising We are asking for each athlete to donate $200. If you have any concerns with paying the money please don’t hesitate to email me. Please make checks out to AGHS.
Suits: team suits are in and are $45. Checks made out to AGHS.
Varsity Training Group- expected to attend all practices and events (see detailed and up to date calendar below)
- Odd Weeks (Week 1=week of Aug 12)
- M: 7:00-9:00am polo and 3:00-4:15pm strength
- T: 5:45-7:20am polo and 3:00-4:15pm swim
- W: 5:45- 7:20am polo and 3:00-4:15pm strength
- R: 5:45-7:20am polo and 3:00-4:15pm swim
- F: 5:45-7:20am polo
- S: Event or off
- S: Off
- Even Weeks (Week 2= week of Aug 19)
- M: 3:00-5:30pm polo
- T: 6:20-7:20am swim and 3:00-5:30pm polo
- W: 6:20-7:20am strength and 3:00-5:30pm polo
- R: 6:20-7:20am swim and 3:00-5:30pm polo
- 6:20-7:20am strength and 3:00-5:30pm polo
- S: event or off
- S: Off
Junior Varsity: (see detailed and up to date calendar below)expected to attend all practices and events (sign up for Coach Allen's 1st period aquatics PE)
Odd Weeks (Week 1= week of Aug 13)
- Monday-Friday 5:00-7:00pm
- Monday- Friday 3:00-5:00pm
1st Period Aquatics schedule (Week 2= week of Aug 20)
- League games: we will take a bus
- Travel tournaments: school vans (we may need parent drivers for some of our tournaments).
Standards and Expectations
- Must wear team suit for games ($45)
- Must conduct yourself in pool and out of pool with the utmost respect for yourself and other players.
- Make sure you are wearing team gear for all games.
- The team that plays first will set up the pool. The second team will clean up the pool (usually varsity)
- All players must stay before or after their game to watch the other team play. Athletes will have to run the desk.
- All practices and games are mandatory.
- Please arrange doctors, dentist, work, and other such appointments around practice and game times.
- Showing up late to practice will not be tolerated.
- Missing a practice will cause an athlete to not start the next game and will possibly not play.
- Missing a practice the day before a game will cause the athlete to not play in some or all of the game.