Athlete Code of Conduct
Player’s Code of Conduct
- Arrive in a timely manner to all practices and events. For practices this is fifteen minutes prior, for games it is about an hour prior. If you know that you will miss a scheduled practice or event, please contact the appropriate coach. If you need to leave early, please notify the appropriate coach upon your arrival. If you leave the water for any reason you must notify the coach on deck prior to leaving and make certain that they know when you return to the water.
- Play by the rules.
- Never argue with an official.
- Control your temper. Verbal abuse of officials and taunting other players, deliberately distracting or provoking an opponent are not acceptable or permitted behaviors in any sport.
- Work equally hard for yourself and/or your team. Your team’s performance will benefit and so will you.
- Be a good sport. Applaud all good plays whether they are made by your team or the opposition.
- Treat all participants in your sport as you like to be treated. Do not bully or take unfair advantage of another competitor.
- Cooperate with your coach, teammates and opponents. Without them there would be no competition.
- Participate for your own enjoyment and benefit, not just to please parents and coaches.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.