Discovery Partner Opportunities

Enroll In A Research Study 

VA Medical Center

The Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences clinicians and researchers partner with the Veteran's Administration Medical Center to provide leading edge research specifically for military veterans. 

For more information about the RISE research team and the opportunities that may be available to you, visit

If you or a caregiver are experiencing a crisis or need to speak with someone with military experience, contact the Veteran's Crisis Line

If you are a Service member or Veteran in crisis or if you are concerned about a Veteran, there are specially trained responders ready to help you, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. 

Research studies can be found here or at the VA Medical Center.


Can I be in a Research Study?

Yes, almost anyone can volunteer for a study. 

Signing up with the Research Registry helps us match Citizen Scientists (that's you!) with researchers who need your help to find new treatments and learn more about mental health. 

When you sign up, researchers may call you about studies that might be a good fit for both of you. 

Will I be compensated?

Most studies compensate you for your time and/or transportation and parking fees. 

Every study is different!

What will I do in a research study?

There are many activities in research. And each study is different.

You might:

Ask the study team! 

What if I don't have a diagnosis?

We have Research Opportunities to be a Citizen Scientist if you don't have a diagnosis.

What is the address of your research office?

Research Office

Fairview Riverside West Building

2312 S. 6th St.

Floor 2, Suite F-275

Minneapolis, MN 55454


I have a question, who should I contact?

You may contact the Clinical Research Recruitment Specialist. 

Phone: 612-273-9800


I am a physician, therapist, or clinician who may be able to help.

Please contact the Psychiatry Clinic at the University of Minnesota at 612-273-8700.

Thank you for being our Partner in research.