~ Privacy/ Disclosure Notices
Go to the Geek.com is….
Contact Go to the Geek:
Paid Advertising Options–
1. You can have your 120×60 banner(top of on a particular page) or a 125×125(right sidebar on a particular page) of North Country Gateway.com. We will agree on the length of time, you pay up front and enjoy the visitors!
2. You can advertise on ALL of GototheGeek.com’s education friendly/ appropriate focused sites. We will agree on the length of time, location, you pay up front and enjoy the visitors!
Please contact us at our Gmail … firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: Advertise
….thanks and we look forward to working with you!
This website and its content is copyright of GoToTheGeek.com - © GoToTheGeek.com 2012. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
None at this time
Acceptable Use Policy
Acceptable internet use policy
Use of the internet by employees of GoToTheGeek.com is permitted and encouraged where such use supports the goals and objectives of the business.
However, GoToTheGeek.com has a policy for the use of the internet whereby employees must ensure that they:
- comply with current legislation
- use the internet in an acceptable way
- do not create unnecessary business risk to the company by their misuse of the internet
In particular the following is deemed unacceptable use or behavior by employees:
- visiting internet sites that contain obscene, hateful, pornographic or otherwise illegal material
- using the computer to perpetrate any form of fraud, or software, film or music piracy
- using the internet to send offensive or harassing material to other users
- downloading commercial software or any copyrighted materials belonging to third parties, unless this download is covered or permitted under a commercial agreement or other such licence
- hacking into unauthorized areas
- publishing defamatory and/or knowingly false material about GoToTheGeek.com your colleagues and/or our customers on social networking sites, ‘blogs’ (online journals), ‘wikis’ and any online publishing format
- revealing confidential information about GoToTheGeek.com in a personal online posting, upload or transmission – including financial information and information relating to our customers, business plans, policies, staff and/or internal discussions
- undertaking deliberate activities that waste staff effort or networked resources
- introducing any form of malicious software into the corporate network
Company-owned information held on third-party websites
If you produce, collect and/or process business-related information in the course of your work, the information remains the property of GoToTheGeek.com This includes such information stored on third-party websites such as webmail service providers and social networking sites, such as Facebook and LinkedIn.
GoToTheGeek.com accepts that the use of the internet is a valuable business tool. However, misuse of this facility can have a negative impact upon employee productivity and the reputation of the business.
In addition, all of the company’s internet-related resources are provided for business purposes. Therefore, the company maintains the right to monitor the volume of internet and network traffic, together with the internet sites visited. The specific content of any transactions will not be monitored unless there is a suspicion of improper use.
Where it is believed that an employee has failed to comply with this policy, they will face the company’s disciplinary procedure. If the employee is found to have breached the policy, they will face a disciplinary penalty ranging from a verbal warning to dismissal. The actual penalty applied will depend on factors such as the seriousness of the breach and the employee’s disciplinary record.
All company employees, contractors or temporary staff who have been granted the right to use the company’s internet access are required to sign this agreement confirming their understanding and acceptance of this policy.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by GoToTheGeek.com and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of GoToTheGeek.com. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, GoToTheGeek.com takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Website Terms & Conditions
The term ‘GoToTheGeek.com’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is ______________. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the United States of America.
- Policies and Disclosures
- 1. Go to the Geek.com is a personal project of Scott Nichols. All views, thoughts, and ideas expressed are solely Scott Nichols' and do not reflect the views or opinions of any organization or business.
- 2. Except as outlined below Scott Nicholds is not paid or in any way compensated by the companies whose products and services are reviewed on Go To The Geek.com.
- 3. There are Google AdSense units, Amazon Widgets, on this blog. Those ad units and widgets may contain tracking cookies.
- 4. Google AdSense does track user interaction with advertising units.
- 5. When describing books and other physical goods, Amazon affiliate links are used. Amazon tracks user interaction with those links. I do profit when visitors purchase products through the Amazon links.
- 6. Except where otherwise noted and in the case of trademarked logos used for product reviews all content is copyright Scott Nichols/ Go To The Geek.com.