My coaching can be initiated by a company or by an individual leader.
Coaching, if initiated by the company, is a process in which leader and coach collaborate in helping the leader reach his/her maximum potential within the needs and context of the business.
Coaching, if initiated by an individual person, is a process in which leader and coach collaborate in helping the leader reach his/her maximum potential, within or outside the context of his/her current job.
The ideal start for a coaching project with a leader is at his/her introduction to a new team, with an on-boarding or “Leadership Assimilation Session”, where the coach starts with a confidential session with the team members about their expectations about their new leader.
Who is the subject of my coaching?
The subject of coaching can be an individual, a management/executive team, two teams who need to integrate or collaborate better or leaders from different departments in group coaching.
The different kinds of coaching I do.
There is coaching for individuals and for teams. I strongly believe that management team or executive team coaching (sometimes in combination with individual coaching) is the preferred method, with the greatest impact on the behavior of the executives and on the organization.
Coaching for individuals:
- Coaching of leaders who function very good, but who want to realize their maximum potential
- Coaching of leaders who function very good, but who are confronted with an unusual or difficult obstacle within themselves or in their context
- Coaching of leaders who do not function well because they ran into a problem they cannot resolve themselves
- Coaching of leaders who burned out or who risk burning out
- Change of tack: Last chance coaching under the threat of dismissal
Coaching for teams:
- Coaching of teams who function very good, but who want to realize their maximum potential: coaching for trust, collaboration and agility
- Coaching of teams who function very good, but who are confronted with an unusual or difficult obstacle within the team or in the company
- Coaching of dysfunctional teams or teams that should collaborate better
- Coaching teams of family members running a business
In most cases the best formula is to combine the Executive Team Coaching with an Executive Development Program. While the first deals with relationships and collaboration, the latter focuses on improving the knowledge and skills of the team. Ideally this coaching process starts at the very beginning of the arrival of a new CEO with an In-boarding or Leadership Assimilation Session.
More about my Executive Team Coaching
Where does my expertise as a coach come from?
• 73 years of life experience
• 45 years of clinical psychiatry and psychotherapy
• 45 years of stress management: research, training in individual and corporate stress management, surveys, change programs etc.
• 26 years of personal management experience running several hospital departments and greenfield operations
• 30 years of management and executive coaching (ao 15 years at INSEAD)