The only dance we do from this tradition is Vandals of Hammerwich, so here it is .
Vandals of Hammerwich
Set: 8 dancers (or 4, for the Vandals of Half’erwich)
(See below for explanation of figures.)
- Swagger ’Round
- Heading Up
- Heading Down
- R-L-F-B-F / Sidestep R, Sidestep L / R Hop, L Hop, Feet Together, UGH!
- REPEAT (Clash in place of UGH!)
- Clash with the dancer on the Right, then the dancer on the Left, then the dancer Across (Forehand, Backhand, Forehand) before doing sidesteps, hops, and feet together, UGH!
- UGH! means hold stick horizontally over head and shout “UGH!”
- FINISH: All face up set and do UGH! (holding sticks horizontally over heads)
- Swagger ’Round: The Head dancers (#1 and #2) lead their line of dancers around in a surly procession, holding sticks like baseball bats, as if to intimidate the other line of dancers. #1 goes inside on first pass and outside on the second pass. #2 does the reverse.
- Heading Up: Facing up set, dancers #3, #4 and #7, #8 dance up to be even with #1, #2 and #5, #6, who are dancing in place. Then the dancers who moved Retreat to Home.
- Heading Down: Facing down set, dancers #1, #2 and #5, #6 dance up to be even with #3, #4 and #7, #8, who are dancing in place. Then the dancers who moved Retreat to Home.
- Back-to-Back: As a normal Fieldtown Back-to-Back.
- 1st Corners Cross
- 2nd Corners Cross
- Dance in place
- Pass Left
- REPEAT 4 TIMES (last time, no final pause, end facing up for UGH!)