Tune: Rambling Sailor (mp3)
Set: 4 dancers
Figures: Standard Bampton, each followed by a Chorus
- Foot Up & Down
- Half Gyp
- Whole Gyp
- First Corners cross and return home
- Second Corners cross and return home
- All Four Corners cross and return home
- To do a crossing, the corners do a Double Step sidestep to the left, followed by a Double Step sidestep to the right, placing them back to back.
- They then do two VARIABLE steps to reach the opposite corner.
- On the 1st and 4th chorus, the VARIABLE step is two steps forward performed as a Strut. They do a right hand hankie punch on what would be the hop of a Half Caper
- On the 2nd and 3rd chorus, the VARIABLE step is two Half Capers (left-right-hop/left-right-hop)
- To begin returning home the dancers do a traveling Double Step Closedtraveling sidestep to the left, around the outside of the set, then pivot to face in and continue with a Double Step Closed traveling sidestep to the right (the pivot makes the dancer continue in the same direction)
- To finish returning, the dancers do two Single Steps to home.
- At home they do a Half Caper.
- On the 4th (final) chorus, they use the Half Caper to move to the middle of the set in a tight circle and Show with the hankies.