HOUGH STUDENT SERVICES
Welcome to the Student Services Department
The mission of the William A. Hough Student Services Department is to assist all students with their academic, career, and personal/social developmental needs. Our department will work closely with all stakeholders to insure that all students are maximizing their potential to become globally competitive lifelong learners.
Our student services department will accomplish our program mission by employing the following components: curriculum, responsive services, student planning, and system supports.
If you need your transcript sent to a college/university, you must go into Naviance and indicate your "attending college." We will send all final transcripts electronically after graduation through Naviance. If you need a hard copy of your transcript, they will be available for you to pick up in Student Services 6/12-6/14 from 8:00 am until 2:00 pm.
Summer Office Hours
During the summer months our department will operate on the following schedule.
Beginning June 17th
Mondays: 8:00 am-3:00 pm
Tuesdays: 8:00 am-1:00 pm
Wednesdays: 8:00 am-3:00 pm
Thursdays: 8:00 am-1:00 pm(CMS offices are closed Fridays during the summer months)
Week of July 4
Monday -Friday 8am – 2 pm
Closed Thursday, July 4th
(There will be no School Counselors available this week)
- To assist students with their courses, we are implementing a Summer Boot Camp. This boot camp will provide students with skills to be successful in all classes by focusing on topics such as: study skills, organization, critical reading skills, team-building, and specific AP strategies.
- Transportation will be provided to and from school only for the June session at the following four shuttle locations: JV Washam Elementary, Cornelius Elementary, Davidson Elementary and Huntersville Elementary (times to be announced).
- We are also offering weekly Open Lab times where teachers and tutors will be available to assist with summer assignments. If you are interested in attending a session please complete the link below.
- Please also join our Remind 101 using code @7b84dcc for summer updates. If you have any questions please contact Ms. Veloz at email@example.com
New Student Enrollment
For new families interested in enrollment at Hough, please click below for our New Student Enrollment Information.
Schedule Updates 2019-2020
- 5/24-At this time we are currently building our master schedule and will no longer take any course request changes.
- During the summer months, your school counselor will contact you if there is a conflict with your schedule. Schedules will be released around the 1st week of August.
- Please remember that we build our master schedule based on the courses YOU select, therefore there will little to no option for schedule changes.
Summer school will be available to students this summer. Students needing to attend summer school will be contacted by their school counselor. For general information, please click on the link below.
Student Support & Resources
If you or someone you know is having a challenging time and needs support during non-business hours, please click below for a list of resources and hotlines.