Hough Student Parking
WELCOME TO THE W.A. HOUGH HIGH SCHOOL (WAHHS) PARKING PAGE
Seniors - We have disseminated student parking space assignments for the 2018-2019 School Year via your student email account. If you have questions, please contact us via the email addresses listed below.
Congratulations to all who received a space. Have a great summer!
Please continue to check this site for future updates. The key dates below remain accurate as of July 11, 2018.
(Please Note That Parking Sticker Issuance Dates Have Changed As Of May 24, 2018)
- May 4 - May 25, 2018: 1st (Fall) Semester SY 18-19 Parking Application acceptance
- June 1 - July 20, 2018: Online School Payment (OSP) acceptance
- Parking Sticker Issuance
- August 07, 2018: 9 -10:30 AM (Seniors with last names starting with letter A-L receive stickers);
- August 08, 2018: 9-10:30 AM ( (Seniors with last names starting with letter M-Z receive stickers)
- August 09, 2018: 9-10:30 AM Make-up (make-ups must be approved in advanced)
PLEASE READ EVERYTHING ON THIS PAGE CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING TO THE APPLICATION!!
PROCESS AND POLICY FOR OBTAINING AND MAINTAINING A SCHOOL YEAR 2018-2019 STUDENT PARKING PRIVILEGE AND DECAL
(AS OF MAY 24, 2018)
REQUIREMENTS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR AND RECEIVE A WILLIAM A. HOUGH HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT PARKING PRIVILEGE:
- Be a senior with a weighted grade point average (GPA) of no less than 2.5 and meet all other conduct and administrative requirements (this is based on end of second semester School Year (SY) 2017-2018).
- Complete your online application no later than May 25, 2018.
- Complete the Hough Safe Driving Training. You can receive this online via the Hough Parking Website. You will need to complete this course/brief to complete your application.
- On one (1) 8.5” x 11” sheet of paper, provide a copy of the student’s valid driver’s license, the valid registration of the vehicle the student intends to drive and proof of current insurance card on the vehicle that the student will drive. Additionally, on that sheet of paper include the printed name and signature of the student requesting the parking space and that of their parent/guardian. Place this sheet in the designated box in the Hough Main Office no later than 2:15PM on May 25, 2018. The box will be in the front office on or about May 4, 2018). Please do not attach your $25.00 payment to this paperwork. (Note: You must make your own copy. The school will not make these copies for you.)
- Pay for your first semester parking space. Payments will be made via Online School Payments (OSP). The timeframe to make these payments is June 1, 2018 thru July 20, 2018.
- Have no outstanding financial obligations of any kind to the school. These include, but are not necessarily limited to, text book, uniform and media fees and parking fines. If you have any financial obligations they must be paid before paying for a space and receiving a decal. Please check with Ms. Festa if you have any questions about unpaid obligations.
- Have no excessive tardiness or absences during second semester of SY 17-18. Driving to school is a privilege, inherent in that privilege is the responsibility to arrive at school on time and attend classes regularly. Students consistently tardy in the mornings will lose privileges after six tardies in a semester; and you will lose parking privileges if you are absent ten or more times from a class during the SY without an approved excusal for those absences.
- Please note that meeting the minimum criteria to receive a parking space does not guarantee one. Hough will allocate spaces based on the weighted cumulative GPA of eligible students at the end of the second semester of School Year 2017-2018. Allocations will occur starting with the highest weighted GPA to the lowest until all available spaces are assigned. For example, everything else being equal, a student with a weighted GPA of 2.8 will get a space allocated before a student with a 2.6 weighted GPA.
In addition to meeting the aforementioned requirements, on the day you receive your parking privilege and decal you will need the following (note: valid implies current):
- Copy of your valid NC Driver’s License
- Copy of the valid Vehicle Registration Card for the car student will be driving
- Copy of a valid proof of insurance
On your assigned date and time, you must have your valid driver’s license, registration card and be driving the car you registered and want to receive the parking sticker.
Students will receive their parking permits/stickers on 13-15 August depending on their assigned time slot (see Parking Policy). Current times for receiving parking decals are as follows:
- August 7th 9 -10:30 AM (Seniors A-L receive stickers);
- August 8th 9-10:30 AM (Seniors M-Z receive stickers)
- August 9th 9-10:30 AM Make-up (make-ups must be approved in advanced)
You must have your parking permit affixed to your car to be able to park at Hough High School. Parking permits will be distributed in the student parking lot. Please arrive on your designated date and time because failure to do so may result in loss of your parking privilege and spot. Please check the Hough High School web page for any updates. Note: A parent/guardian may receive your parking permit for you on your assigned day if they bring your NC Driver’s License, the actual car that you will drive to school so we can affix the sticker, current proof of insurance and current vehicle registration.
You must drive the car you have registered on the application in order to receive a parking permit/decal.
YOU MUST NOW READ AND AGREE TO ADHERE TO BELOW HOUGH PARKING POLICY (Note: We acknowledge that some of the items in the policy mirror that listed above.)
WILLIAM A. HOUGH HIGH SCHOOL – PARKING POLICY
- Since transportation is provided for CMS students, student parking is a privilege granted by the school administration.
- Student parking is allocated based on weighted GPA. Spaces are allocated from the highest GPA to the lowest GPA until all available spaces are assigned. Minimum allowable GPA that can receive a parking space is Vehicles not properly registered or that are parked in any location other than the designated student parking area will be subject to being ticked or fined, booted, towed at the owners expense or a combination of any of the three. Once a car is booted, $35.00 fine must be paid before the boot will be removed.
- Students may only park in their assigned parking spaces.
2. Loss of Privilege:
- The Hough Administration can revoke parking privileges as they deem necessary. A few of the actions that can result in such a revocation include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Leaving campus or visiting your car (during school hours) without proper authorization may result in loss of parking privileges.
- Student Code of Conduct infractions.
- Student Code of Conduct infractions by passengers (You are responsible for the conduct of your passengers once they are in your vehicle).
- Failing to meet the minimum GPA requirement. Students falling below the mandated Cumulative Weighted GPA minimum of 2.5 will forfeit their parking privileges and their space will be reassigned to a student on the waiting list.
- Excessive tardiness or absences. Driving to school is a privilege, inherent in that privilege is the responsibility to arrive at school on time and attend classes regularly. Students consistently tardy in the mornings will lose this privilege after six tardies in a semester; and you will lose your parking privileges if you are absent ten or more times from a class during the SY without an approved excusal for those absences.
- Parking in unauthorized areas. Students parking in the teacher’s parking lot or the administration reserved parking/visitors parking lot will lose their current or future parking privileges.
- Reckless driving, as well as the playing of loud or inappropriate music and non-compliance of an adult directive while on campus.
- Failing to meet financial obligations. Vehicles with outstanding tickets or other financial obligations will not be allowed to register until all financial obligations are settled.
- Removing or attempting to remove boots. Students caught removing or attempting to remove a “boot” will lose their current and future parking privileges.
- Vehicles of students who have lost their driving privileges but choose to still park on campus will be towed at the owner/s expense.
3. Parking Permit Distribution:
- Parking Permits will be distributed in the student parking lot. Do not arrive earlier than your assigned time slot. If you wait until after the above mentioned dates, you will lose your assigned parking spot. Please check the Hough High School web page for any updates. You must have your parking permit affixed to your car to be able to park at school. (Note: A parent or guardian may receive your parking permit for you on your assigned day if they bring your NC Driver’s License, the actual car that will be driven to school so we can affix the sticker, current proof of insurance and current vehicle registration).
- You must drive the car you have registered on the application in order to receive a parking permit.
- On your assigned date and time, you must have your driver’s license, registration card and the actual car you have registered on your parking application to receive your parking sticker.
- All students who plan to purchase parking permits will be required to successfully receive a Hough Safe Driving Training that you can receive online on the Hough Parking Website. The course will be free of charge to students meeting driving permit requirements. This course will be required before parking permits are distributed.
- 2nd Semester Procedures for Renewal: Everyone will have to re-register after 1st semester. After 1st Semester, we will review tardiness, academic eligibility (>2.5 Cumulative) and school conduct (i.e. major infractions resulting in suspensions and other infractions as stated above in policy). We will then re-register and issue a new sticker for all cars for 2nd semester (must pay $10 for renewal prior to receiving new sticker). This will allow senior transfers and other eligible students the opportunity obtain a parking spot if they come available. Once we issue those stickers, vehicles without the second semester decals will be ticketed. Additionally, we will revoke the parking privileges of students that fail to maintain eligibility after 1st semester (e.g. >2.5 Cumulative GPA). If there is no change to a student’s status, they will retain their same spot. Students may only park in their assigned parking spaces.
- Placement and Display of Parking Permit: Parking permits will be affixed to the left side of the front windshield where it will be visible to administrators and security associates. These decals must be affixed to the car windshield by a W.A. Hough High School staff or faculty member (see schedule in paragraph 2).
- Transfer of Permits: Parking permits are non-transferable and may not be given or sold to any other individual. No student is allowed to purchase a permit for another student or allow another student to use his/her parking permit under any circumstance; if so, disciplinary action and loss of parking privileges will result. If a student obtains a parking permit in any manner other than through the correct application process, the parking decal will be revoked for all parties involved for the remainder of the school year.
- Approved Student Parking Allocations and Locations:
- Eligible students will be assigned a numbered parking space and may only park in their assigned parking spaces. Parking spots will be assigned based on weighted GPA with students with the highest GPA receiving parking spaces until all spaces are assigned.
- Early release, work release, athletics and similar activities will not have a bearing on whether a student receives a parking spot.
- Temporary or Replacement Passes: When any vehicle other than the one listed on your application is driven to school, the student must, upon arriving on campus and before they go to their first class, purchase a temporary parking permit from the front office. Temporary permits will only be issued to students who have an existing parking space and who drive an alternate vehicle on a short-term basis (up to 5 days for maintenance). Students will be charged $2.00 for each temporary permit. Temporary permits for handicap parking will only be considered for students who already has an assigned parking space. (Note replacement stickers will be available for $10 in the event a car is replaced. Remove the old sticker from the previous vehicle, and bring it to us along with the $10 payment. Unfortunately we cannot issue extra stickers for multiple cars in one family, due to previous issues with students transferring them illegally and to help us maintain security in the parking lot). Vehicles not properly registered or vehicles parked anywhere other than the designated student parking areas will be booted and a payment of $35.00 will be required before the boot is removed.
- W. A. Hough maintains the right to modify this guidance when it deems required. We appreciate your support in helping us to maintain a safe, secure and drug free environment for the students, staff and faculty in and around William A. Hough High School.
Points of contact: For questions please email Colonel (Ret) J. G. Howard at email@example.com or 1SG (Ret) Daryl Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org