The Kingsley Curriculum
Kingsley Academy offers courses that cater for all ability levels and take the time to ensure students are well matched to their individual programmes of study. We offer a range of A Level subjects, Vocational courses at levels 1,2 and 3 and the opportunity for GCSE resits in English and Mathematics. For more detail see the prospectus page.
There is a strong focus on academic achievement but there is also an emphasis on personal development.
- We have regular guest speakers delivering information and guidance to raise expectations and promote personal well-being
- We offer an extensive Higher Education programme, designed to provide students with all the relevant information required to make informed decisions about university study. programme, designed to provide students with all the relevant information required to make informed decisions about university study
- Each of our 6th Form students has an individual tutor with whom they can discuss their progress
- All students will have access to additional study skills seminars throughout the duration of their courses
- We have a detailed Careers education, information, advice and guidance provision
- We have our own Professional Learning Programme where we manage work experience in the community
Please take the time to study our subject information carefully. You can find out more from past students on our student voice page. Alternatively, if you would like to visit the school do not hesitate to contact us.
You have important decisions to make about your future and I am fully aware of the pressures you will face. If you wish to continue your education in a supportive, rapidly improving 6th Form, then you should seriously consider Kingsley Academy 6th Form.
Kingsley Academy 6th Form - Aims
- Encourage all students to achieve to their potential and beyond
- Encourage students to become independent workers and independent thinkers
- Equip students with the skills required for progress into the ‘adult world’
- Foster an ethos where students are nevertheless challenged to move beyond their perceived boundaries.
Post-16 discretionary bursary
Since the removal of EMA, students previously eligible for free school meals or with parents receiving income support are able to apply for the school’s discretionary bursary entitling them to up to £10 per week to go towards transport and other associated costs of attending 6th Form, as well as additional support for the cost of exam entries, trips and UCAS applications.
Weekly payment is based on 100% attendance.
Applicants from other Schools
Each year large numbers of students join us from other schools in the area and even from abroad. We find that all students quickly settle into the 6th Form and become part of the very diverse student body that makes our school so special. For further information, please contact the school or submit an application form that can be found on our website. Students must meet the course requirements and provide a reference from their previous school.