Winter Slalom Training
Slalom training sessions are usually held on Monday evenings during the winter, commencing at 6:15pm. These sessions are available to invitees only. If you are interested in attending, but have not been invited, please contact John or Jamie to discuss further.
6:15 pm Arrive and change
6:30 pm Start of session
7:30 pm End of session - change; put away boats, gates and other kit
7:50 pm Debrief / theory
8:00 pm Depart
Given that it will usually be dark during these sessions, it is important that we work together to ensure everybody's safety, and that all equipment is put away in the correct location. Note in particular the following:
- Please make every effort to be on-time
- Everybody to leave the water at the same time
- We'll decide whether to change before, or after putting away the kit, on the night - this will depend upon how cold it is! However, everybody must comply with the decision made to ensure that we're all ready for the debrief at the same time.
- Put away your equipment, and then look for other jobs that need doing
- Nobody to leave site until all equipment is away
- Be prepared to work hard, and adhere rigidly to the time-table!
All participants must have completed an Activity Information Form. This provides parental permission where the participant is under 18, and ensures that we have up-to-date medical information on file.