GF Maple Pecan Shortbread Cookies (adapted from King Arthur Flour)
1 C almond flour
3 TB unsalted butter - softened
3 TB confectioners' sugar
1 t cinnamon
1/8 t salt
2 t maple syrup
1/8 t maple flavor (optional)
1/2 t vanilla extract
1/3 C chopped pecans
1. Put all of the ingredients except the pecans in large mixing bowl, and beat on low speed until the dough comes together (I don't use a mixer for these cookies; the dough comes together very easily by hand). Add the pecans and mix to combine.
2. Place a piece of plastic wrap on your work surface and shape the dough on top of it into a log. Wrap in the plastic, roll on the counter to round it up, and chill for at least 1 hour.
3. To cut and bake: when the dough is firm, remove it from the fridge and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Slice the dough in 1/4" thick rounds and place them on the baking sheet. Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes, until they are lightly browned.
5. Remove the cookies from the oven and cool them on the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
Recipe makes approximately 20 cookies.