Vídeo de YouTube
1. Watch this video form You Tube which has some images from Al Gore's video "An Inconvenient truth"
2. Scientists have spent decades trying to find out the causes of Global Warming. The natural cycles can affect the climate, but there is something else: Read about it and answer these questions:
3. Watch this interactive video from National Geographic about how the Greenhouse Effect works and look at the chart that shows the impact of greenhouse gases on Earth's temperatures.
4. Let's go back to the effects of Global Warming on the different continents. Concentrate on Africa and Asia.
5. Every time we think of this we worry about what we can do to stop it. You should know that everything you do counts.
Watch this video and find out what your number is. Is it high or is it low?
Click on this link (clean-air kids) and write the things you could do to reduce air polution and global warming.
Transcript of the video:An Incovenient Truth
"If you look at the ten hottest years ever measured they've all occurred in the last 14 years and the hottest of all was 2005. Scientific consensus is that we are causing Global Warming.
_I'm Al Gore, I used to be the next President of the United States of America..."
Is it possible that we should prepare for other threats besides terrorists? The artic is experiencing faster melting . If this were to go on, water lever worldwide would go up twenty feet.
This is what will happen in Florida. Around Shanhai, home to 40,000,000 people. The area around Calcutta, 60,000,000. This is Manhattan, the World Trade Centre Memorial would be under water.
Think of the impact of a couple of 100,000 refugees and then imagine 100,000,000 . We have to act together to solve this global crisis.
OUR ABILITY TO LIVE IS WHAT IS AT STAKE
6. When you finish your work you can check your knowledge with these two Quizzes:
1. On the video you have seen some of the effects that Global Warming is causing on Earth.
2. Think of these questions and try to answer them in your own words:
What countries will be more affected by this?
What countries will suffer more changes in their population rates? Why?
Lola Aceituno y Esteban Moreno