Global Warming Impacts
1. Watch this video form You Tube which has some images from Al Gore's video "An Inconvenient truth"
2. Scientists have spent decades trying to find out the causes of Global Warming. The natural cycles can affect the climate, Watch the video and answer these questions:
- What causes the Global Warming?
- Who emits them and in what way?
- What is the worst gas responsible for Global Warming?
3. Watch this video about how the Greenhouse Effect works and what the consequences can be.
- Name the Greenhouse gasses and explain where they come from.
4. Let's go back to the effects of Global Warming on the different continents along the years.
- Explain in your own words what has been happening in the last 10 years.
5. Click on this link (clean-air kids: DO YOUR BIT) and write the things you could do to reduce air polution and global warming.
Transcript of the video:An Incovenient Truth
"If you look at the ten hottest years ever measured they've all occurred in the last 14 years and the hottest of all was 2005. Scientific consensus is that we are causing Global Warming.
_I'm Al Gore, I used to be the next President of the United States of America..."
This is Patagonia seventy-five years ago and the same glacier today. This is Mount Killimanjaro, thirty years ago and last year. Within a decade there will be no more snows of Killimanjaro. This is really not so much a political issue so much as a moral issue. Temperature increases are taking place all over the world and that is causing stronger storms.
Is it possible that we should prepare for other threats besides terrorists? The artic is experiencing faster melting . If this were to go on, water lever worldwide would go up twenty feet.
This is what will happen in Florida. Around Shanhai, home to 40,000,000 people. The area around Calcutta, 60,000,000. This is Manhattan, the World Trade Centre Memorial would be under water.
Think of the impact of a couple of 100,000 refugees and then imagine 100,000,000 . We have to act together to solve this global crisis.
OUR ABILITY TO LIVE IS WHAT IS AT STAKE
1. On the video you have seen some of the effects that Global Warming is causing on Earth.
2. Think of these questions and try to answer them in your own words:
What countries will be more affected by this?
6. Now you can check how much you know watching a video and doing a final quiz: Good luck!
What places on Earth will suffer more emigration?
What countries will suffer more changes in their population rates? Why?
Lola Aceituno y Esteban Moreno