Click here and look for the map of Egypt. Click on the different places and answer these questions:
- 1. Egypt is to the west of which sea?
- 2. What is the name of the capital of Egypt during the Old Kingdom?
- 3. What is the Nile Delta?
- 4. What is called "black land"? What is the difference between black land and red land?
- 5. Why is the Nile "a gift" for Egypt
The Egyptians used a kind of writing called hieroglyphics. Let's see what we know about this writing:
- 8. What was discovered in 1799 and why was it so important for Archeologists?
- 9. What languages can you find in the Rosetta Stone?
- 10.Who could translate the hieroglyphics in the end and how?
- 11.Click here to write your name in hieroglyphics.
- Visit this site and and discover:
- 12. Who wrote the hieroglyphics? Were they men or women? Where did they learn to write them?
- 13. Look at real examples of wall paintings and explain what topics Egyptians reflected on their paintings.
When Egyptian died they were mummified and buried with some objects. They thought they would need them in their "afterlife". Look at some of them
- 14. If you are interested in mummification, click on this site and and watch the process of embalming and wrapping a body.
- Try to follow the instructions to make a mummy. When you finish, do the final test.
- 15. Choose one, describe him or her and explain why he/she was important.
17. CHALLENGE TO THINK: Calculate the weight, area and height of Khufu's pyramid.
18. Do this easy quiz about the History of Egypt: Good luck!!
19. And this one!