The following guidelines have been set for safety purposes. Strict adherence is strongly recommended.
Arrival - drop-off:
- Children may be dropped off after 8:15 a.m. No supervision is provided prior to this time.
- Please stay in your car and allow your child to enter the building under the supervision of the school staff on duty. This will relieve the congestion of traffic at this time.
- If you wish to speak to a member of the staff, drop your child off first. Park your car in the lot and enter the building through the lobby doors. The secretary will take a message for the individual you wish to contact. In addition, you may call the office to leave a message during the day.
- If you have items to deliver to the classroom, please leave them in the office. We will deliver them for you.
Dismissal - pick-up:
- If you are picking up your child at the end of the school day, you MUST send a note or a signed fax note prior to 2:00 p.m.
- You will not be permitted to walk through the halls during dismissal.
- If you plan to pick up your child on a regular basis, please send a note indicating this.
- If you need to pick up your child prior to dismissal due to medical appointments, please send a note in the morning to your child’s teacher.
Child-Care Transportation Services
The Owen J. Roberts School District has developed guidelines pertaining to child-care transportation arrangements. A copy of the guidelines is available on the OJR transportation website or in the school office. Elementary students are eligible for child-care transportation services. The application for child-care transportation arrangementsmust be submitted annually for review and approval.