For more information, please read District Policy #201.
Parents/guardians of incoming kindergarten students should reference the District website to obtain information related to kindergarten registration:
- Contact their child’s elementary school office with any questions.
- Register your child at your elementary school and bring all appropriate documention.
The following immunizations and documentation (including month/ day/ year) are required upon entry into school:
- 4 doses of tetanus, diphtheria and acellular pertussis* (1 dose on or after the 4th birthday)
- 4 doses of polio (4th dose on or after 4th birthday and at least 6 months after previous dose given) **
- 2 doses of measles, mumps, rubella ***
- 3 doses of hepatitis B
- 2 doses of varicella (chickenpox) or evidence of immunity
* Usually given as DTP or DTaP or DT or Td
**A 4th dose not necessary if the 3rd dose was administered at age 4 years or older and at least 6 months after the previous dose
*** Usually given as MMR
ON THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL unless the child has a medical or religious/philosophical exemption, a child must have had at least one dose of the above vaccinations or risk exclusion.
- If a child does not have all the doses listed above, needs additional doses, and the next dose is medically appropriate, the child must receive the dose within the first five days of school or risk exclusion. If the next dose is not the final dose of the series, the child must also provide a medical plan (red and white card) within the first five days of school for obtaining the required immunizations or risk exclusions.
- If a child does not have all the doses listed above, needs additional doses, and the next dose is not medically appropriate, the child must provide a medical plan (red and white card) within the first five days of school for obtaining the required immunizations or risk exclusion.
- The medical plan must be followed or risk exclusion.
- Parents of unvaccinated children, please remember, should an outbreak of a communicable disease occur at (ie: Chicken pox, measles), which your child(ren) are not immunized against, your child(ren) would be excluded from attending school during the incubation period of the disease.
- Pennsylvania’s school immunization requirements can be found in 28 PA.CODE CH.23 (School Immunization)
- Contact your health care provider or 1-877 PA HEALTH for more information
Additional Information Needed:
- Your child must be five (5) years of age on or before September 1st to qualify for entrance into kindergarten.
- Original birth certificate, hospital certificate or baptism certificate
- Up-to-date immunization records
- 3 Proofs of residency (1 from each list below)
- Completed and current residential lease
- Signed Settlement Agreement
- Property Tax Bill (Current Year)
- School Tax Bill (Current Year)
- Mortgage Statement (30-60 Days)
- Military Housing Letter
- Utility Bill (within 30-60 days)
- Electric (PECO, MetEd)
- Cable (Comcast, Verizon)
- Phone, Landline Only (Verizon or Comcast)
- Garbage (AJ Blosenski, Diamond)
- Sewer, Water (Township Bill)
- Vehicle Registration with District Address
- With valid PA License or ID
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- Valid PA Photo ID
- Custody orders and/or other legal documents, such as, a court appointed foster parent letter, if applicable
- If applicable, please bring a copy of your most recent IEP, Chapter 15/Section 504 or Gifted (Chapter 16) paperwork or other Special Education documents
In the spring of each year, Kindergarten Round-Upis scheduled in each of the elementary centers. The purpose of this orientation:
Welcome parents to the Owen J. Roberts School District where parents/guardians receive information concerning carpools, schedules, health immunizations, school routines and regulations.
Give children an opportunity to visit the classroom, meet the teachers and classmates, and participate in a variety of appropriate kindergarten-like activities, which will help the teacher begin to know your child.