Certified ScrumMaster® — Helsingør, 27.-28. maj
Post date: Mar 25, 2014 10:07:21 AM
Will you take the red pill or the blue pill? Most Scrum courses are about the responsibilities of the ScrumMaster and the team — the blue pill — while ignoring the integrated role of management and the importance of converting your enterprise to Scrum, top-to-bottom. The blue pill will give you 10% or 20% improvements, and can maybe even double your performance. I’d rather have the class aim for one or two orders of magnitude in their implementations back home. The class will choose — and in any case, the blue pill junkies will have enough to take back home to get their 10% or 20%. For the rest, you’re in for a great ride. And, in any case, in this course, we’ll immerse you in those experiences, and you’ll emerge empowered to take on the world of high-powered product development.
This two-day seminar is designed to give aspiring and beginning ScrumMasters and team members the foundations of Scrum and Agile practice. Chock full of exercises, the seminar creates lasting memories and learnings you can carry through into your team so you can avoid common Agile pitfalls. The seminar is designed and taught by Jim Coplien, author of Organizational Patterns, which Pete Behrens says “identif[ies] the key criteria leading to successful efforts and high-performing teams,” that Michael Beedle calls “the first documentation that ever existed on true Agile development,” and about which Linda Rising says “the penalty for not knowing these patterns can be severe.” The seminar draws on the principles and deep structures of these Agile foundations to go beyond rote learning and sound bites to a deep and lasting foundation for software development excellence. The course draws on years of broad experience with international and multisite development.
By the end of the course you will …:
• …become part of the Scrum community
• …gain new tools for effective team communication
• …start improving delivery of a committed product in a supportive and productive work environment
• …have mastered skills in widely-practiced planning techniques
• …know how to soberly and astutely take charge of change
• …foresee immediate improvements in your quality and almost certain improvements in customer satisfaction
• …have skills to help your team work seamlessly as a true team
• … know how to bring problems to the surface so you can fix them
• …deeply feel the power of working as an uninterrupted team
• …gain confidence in taking ownership of your product’s destiny
• …learn the satisfaction of being a servant leader
This course is open to individuals who are employed by companies that have 100 or fewer employees. If you are employed by a larger company, please first discuss your registration with the contact person indicated below.