Organizations & Ministries
WHAT WE DO
Altar Servers assist the Priest in the celebration of the Mass so the liturgy can be conducted with grace and reverence. We assist the celebrant at the chair and at the altar, lighting the candles, carrying the processional cross, carrying the incense, holding the books, and a variety of other tasks during the service. We do this by performing our duties with honor and respect, reflecting the true presence of Christ at the Mass.
This ministry helps to develop a sense of participation in parish life and a love for the church's liturgical life, while growing closer to God in one's own life. It also offers an opportunity to understand the rewards of service.
REQUIREMENTS TO SERVE
- Member of St. Joseph Parish;
- Open to males or females;
- Must be at least entering 5th grade, no maximum age limit and all are encouraged to continued as long as they want;
- If still in school (5th through 12th), must be actively participating in the Religious Education Program;
- Received first Holy Communion;
- Willing to be committed and able to perform this role with reverence; and
- Attended at least one training session before beginning and continuing sessions as needed.
Meetings/practices are held once a month at the Church from
1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
on a Sunday.
To be announced!
Scroll to the bottom of the page to download the Monthly Servers Schedule and the Phone Directory.
Password for the Phone Directory has been given to you. (NOTE: Please note that the directory is temporarily unavailable until we are able to password protect the file.) If you do not remember it, contact one of the officers or Sponsors. If your phone number(s) have changed, please contact Lisa or the Sponsors to let them know so that it can be updated!