Quickie Gulab Jamun
Makes: 30 mid sized (approx)
Milk powder – 2 cups
Fresh cream – 200 gms
Self raising flour – ½ cup
(Or all purpose flour (i.e) maida + ½ teaspoon baking soda)
Oil – for deep frying of jamuns
Ghee – 1 teaspoon
For sugar syrup:
Sugar – 2 ½ cups
Water – 2 ½ cups
Cardamom powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Add water to sugar along with cardamom powder and allow boiling for 7 to mins in medium flame.
- Remove from flame and keep aside, let it cool to room temperature.
- Mix all ingredients mentioned for jamun (care should be taken so that the dough is neither too loose nor too hard).
- Keep aside for 5 to 10 mins.
- Apply ghee on palms and make small balls of the jamun dough.
- Heat oil and fry jamun balls until golden brown.
- Once the jamuns reach room temperature drop them onto the sugar syrup.
- Allow soaking for a few hours and sweet treat is ready to taste.