Makes : 4 serves
Guvar (flat beans) - ¼ kg
Onion - 1 big (chopped)
Tomato - 1 big (chopped)
Ginger garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
Coriander leaves - 1 teaspoon (chopped)
Salt - 1½ teaspoon (flat)
Chilli powder - 1 teaspoon (flat)
Coriander powder - 1½ teaspoons
Garam masala powder - ½ teaspoons
Turmeric powder - ¼ teaspoon
Oil - 1 tablespoon
Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
Fennel seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Wash and cut guvar to one inch pieces.
- Add adequate water and boil till soft.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and add items mentioned under tempering.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry for a few seconds.
- Add chopped onions and all powders, fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and salt and fry till oil separates.
- Add the boiled guvar and saute for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rotis.