Makes: 2 to 3 serves
Cooked Rice – 2 cups
Lemon – 1 big sized (which yields 1 tablespoon of juice approx.)
Salt – ¾ teaspoon
Sesame oil – 1 tablespoon
Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
Red chilli – 1 (broken into half)
Green chilli - 1 (cut into half)
Curry leaves – 15 leaves
Cashews - 5 or 6 (broken into halves)
Roasted peanuts – a handful
Channa dal – 1 teaspoon
Urad dal – ½ teaspoon
Hing – ¼ teaspoon
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Heat oil in a deep pan.
- Add mustard seeds and allow spluttering.
- Add channa dal, urad dal, curry leaves, green chilli, red chilli, cashews and fry till golden brown.
- Finally add in the turmeric powder, hing & roasted peanuts and switch of the heat source.
- Allow this to cool for a minute, and now add in the lemon juice and salt.
- Add cooked rice and combine well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot or pack it up for your lunch box.