Moist Carrot Cake
Makes: 8 slices
Wholemeal self raising flour – 1 cup
Carrots (grated) – 1 cup (tightly packed)
Brown Sugar (or) Normal Sugar – ¾ cup
Cinnamon powder – ½ teaspoon
Sunflower oil – ½ cup
Eggs – 2
Walnuts & Almonds – ¼ cup (finely chopped)
Vanilla essence - ½ teaspoon
Milk choc chips – 2 to 3 teaspoons
Hazelnut spread - 2 teaspoons
- Mix together self-raising flour, sugar, cinnamon powder and grated carrot in a bowl.
- Add in the oil and eggs and ensure that the ingredients mix well without lumps.
- Grease a microwave safe container (preferably flat bottomed ones) with a little oil.
- Pour the mixture and cook in microwave on high for approximately 7 to 8 minutes.
- Allow it to stand for about 5 minutes.
- Check inserting a toothpick to see if it comes out clean, then the cake is done.
- Melt the choc chips in microwave for about 40 seconds to a minute (or) use 2 teaspoons of hazelnut chocolate spread.
- Apply on top of the cake.
- Cut into pieces and enjoy.
Note: I used hazelnut chocolate spread as a top coat for the cake.