Vegetable Fried Rice
Makes : 4 serves
Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
Soya sauce – 1 tablespoon
Olive oil – 1 tablespoon
Crushed pepper – 2 to 3 teaspoons
Basmati rice – 2 cups
Water – 4 cups
Salt – 2 teaspoons
Carrot – 2
Beans – 10
Yellow capsicum – ½
French onion – 1 cup
Onion – 1
- Finely chop all vegetables.
- Wash rice twice with water & soak for 10 minutes.
- Cook rice with a drop of sesame oil. (This helps the cooked rice grains not to stick with each other)
- Allow cooked rice to cool.
- Heat olive oil in a non stick kadai.
- Add the ginger garlic paste & sauté till golden brown.
- Add finely chopped french onions & onion, sauté for a minute.
- Add the remaining veges, a teaspoon of salt & sauté for a minute.
- Increase the heat to max & add soya sauce.
- Stir continuously for 10 – 15 seconds.
- Lower the heat & add the cooked rice along with the remaining salt & freshly crushed pepper.
- Sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Garnish with spring onions & serve hot.