Makes: 2 to 3 serves
Carrots – 2 or 3 (grated)
Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
Corriander powder – 1 teaspoon
Garam masala powder – ½ teaspoon
Oil – 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
Cumin seeds – ½ teaspoon
Curry leaves – 5 leaves
Cooked Rice – 1 cup
- Heat oil in a non stick pan.
- Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and allow spluttering.
- Add curry leaves, grated carrots & all powders mentioned.
- Sauté for 3 to 5 minutes, keep aside.
- Cook rice with 2 cups of water with a 2 or 3 drops of sesame oil. (This helps the rice cook into separate grains)
- Once cooked spread rice on a plate and allow cooling.
- Mix the carrots & rice with a teaspoon of ghee (optional).
- Serve with raitha/chips.