How to Manually Setup a Wireless Network on Windows XP:
1. Double click wireless icon in the system tray (Looks like a Monitor with waves or an antenna) by the clock to bring up the wireless networks.
2. Click Change the order of preferred networks.
3. Click Add.
4. Type your network name into the network name.
5. Uncheck THE KEY IS PROVIDED FOR ME AUTOMATICALLY.
6. Enter the WEP or WPA key and confirm.
Note: If you had been unable to connect due to a dialog box asking for network authentication,
click the AUTHENTICATION tab and uncheck the box next to ENABLE IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network.
7. Click OK.
8. Click OK again.
Your computer should automatically connect to your wireless internet within 20 seconds.
Some Recommended Wireless Network Hardware: