School District Student Pledge for Computer Use
- I will take good care of my computer.
- I will never leave my computer unattended.
- I will never loan out my computer to other individuals.
- I will know where my computer is at all times.
- I will keep my computer’s battery charged and ready when school is in session.
- I will keep food and beverages away from my computer since they may cause damage to the device.
- I will not disassemble any part of my computer or attempt any repairs.
- I will protect my computer by only carrying it while in the case provided.
- I will use my computer in ways that are appropriate, meet school district expectations, and are educational.
- I will not place unapproved decorations (such as stickers, markers, etc.) on my computer or provided case; I will not deface the serial number computer sticker on any computer.
- I understand that my computer is subject to inspection at any time without notice and remains the property of the Northern Valley Regional High School District.
- I will follow the policies outlined in the computer regulations and the Acceptable Use Policy while at school, as well as outside the school day.
- I will file a police report in case of theft, vandalism, and other acts covered by insurance as well as report to the
- I will be responsible for all damage or loss caused by neglect or abuse.
- I agree to return the computer and any issued accessories including case and power cords in good working condition.
- I agree to the stipulations set forth in the above documents including the Technology Policies, Procedures and Information, the Acceptable Use Policy, the Protection Plan, and the Student Pledge for Technology Use.
- I received a laptop, charger, and hard protective case.
Anti‐Big Brother Statement:
School‐issued devices may record or collect information on the student’s activity or the student’s use of the device since the electronic devices are equipped with a camera, global positioning system, and other features capable of recording or collecting information on the student’s activity or use of the device. The school district shall not use any of the capabilities in a manner that would violate the privacy rights of the student or any individual residing with the student.