Student Athletic Awards
- The coach of each sport will be responsible for developing the criteria for earning a Varsity, Junior Varsity, or Freshman award. The coach will make known to the athletes, before the season, the criteria for Athletic Awards.
- A prerequisite for all awards is a demonstration of good school citizenship, both on and off the court or field, at all times. Any player, whose conduct or attitude requires unusual discipline, may forfeit his right to an award during a particular sports season.
- In order for a student to be eligible for an award, he/she must complete the entire season as a member of a squad.4.
- In order for a student to be eligible for an award, he/she must return all equipment or pay for any lost or damaged equipment issued to him/her.5.
- A student will be awarded only one varsity chenille letter for participation in athletics during his/her four years at N.V.R.H.S. He/she will receive an athletic certificate after winning additional varsity letters.
Athletic Department Scholar‐Athlete Award
To be recognized by the Athletic Department as a Scholar‐Athlete Award recipient, you must earn a varsity letter and earn a 3.7 GPA for the marking period of your season (Fall ‐1st MP, Winter ‐ 2nd MP, Spring ‐ 3rd MP) as well as earning High Honor Roll, Honor Roll or Credit List. The student athlete will be recognized at the seasonal Athletic Awards Assembly and receive a certificate.