Registration & Release


Registration times at Nimitz ES are on Monday-Friday @ 8:30am to 2:00pm

The following information is needed for children enrolling in the public schools of Hawaii for the first time:

If possible, the above requirements should be met at the time of enrollment.  However, should there be some difficulty in getting a doctor's appointment to complete the above, a doctor's statement or an appointment card for the next vaccination will suffice.

Only parents or legal guardians are permitted to complete and sign registration and other required school forms.

Students transferring to Admiral Chester W. Nimitz Elementary School from another local school must present a release card (F211) which is issued by the releasing school and their lease agreement.  Students transferring from a school out-of-state should, if available, present a release card to facilitate registration and placement.

Families that are applying for a Geographic Exception, please click on the link provided. 


On May 1, 2014, Gov. Abercrombie signed Senate Bill 2768 (Act 76), which makes kindergarten mandatory for children who will be at least 5 years of age on or before July 31 of the school year.

Children who are 5 years old by July 31 enroll in kindergarten for that school year. For example, children who are 5 years old by July 31, 2024 enroll in kindergarten for the 2024-2025 school year. Children who turn 5 on August 1 or later enroll the following school year.

Bring all of the above items to the school office to register your child.  The office is open, for registration, from 8:00am to 2:00pm.

Transfers and Release of Students

If your child is moving to another school or leaving the islands, please inform the office.  We will have you fill in a Request for Student Release Form. 


1. Please give the office at least five working days to prepare the release form.

2. The release form will be sent home with your child on your child's last day.

3. Take the release form to your new school to register the student.

4. Your child's records will be sent directly to the school when they are requested.


Please notify the school whenever there are changes in your address and/or phone numbers.  For your child's welfare, it is most important that this  data be current so that you can be contacted in case of an emergency.