Achieve Your Chinese Goals at Wenzao!
MOE Huayu Enrichment Scholarship (HES)
- A monthly stipend of NT$ 25,000 (About US$ 830)
International applicants above the age of 18, who possess a high school diploma or above, have shown excellent academic performance, and are of good moral character are eligible. Candidates with one of the following qualifications may not apply:
- Is an overseas Chinese student or a national of the R.O.C.
- Is currently registered as a student at a Mandarin Language Center or has sought a degree from a university or college in Taiwan.
- Has already received a HES or a Taiwan Scholarship, in the past.
- Is an exchange student to Taiwan, during the scholarship period.
- Is currently receiving financial benefits from the Taiwan government or another educational institution.
- Huayu Enrichment courses will include a summer term (June and July or July and August), along with short term classes, which may last 3, 6 or 9 months to a year respectively.
- With the exception of the summer classes, in principle, the duration of the scholarship is from September 1st to August 31st of the following year. If recipients fail to come to Taiwan for enrollment during the designated time, they will forfeit their right to retain their scholarships.
- Scholarship funding will become effective on the date of the recipient’s enrollment. Scholarship funding will end according to the scholarship’s expiration date or if the scholarship is revoked.
Applicants need to submit the following documents to local embassies or missions before the announced deadline (In principle, the yearly application period is from February 1st through March 31st. However, the actual application period will be in accordance with the general regulations of the local Taiwan Representative Offices).
- An application form (see appendix 1; provided by local embassies or missions).
- A photocopy of his/her passport or any other documents that can verify the nationality of the applicant.
- A photocopy of the certificate of the highest credential and transcript.
- A photocopy of the applications to the Mandarin Language Center.
- Other documents required by local embassies or missions.
MOE Operating Guidelines Related Accessories
- MOE Huayu Enrichment Scholarship Application Form [PDF]
- MOE Huayu Enrichment Scholarship Program Terms of Agreement [PDF]
- List of Language Center [PDF]