Are you on my rotation this year? Will we be working together each week (or on a rotation)? That is so awesome! Here are a few things to note as we work together.
- CUSD Home Page - www.cusd.com
- Clever - clever.cusd.com - This utility will get you into a host of great resources. Your students will use this link to access their online learning tools as well.
- Student Account Management (SAM) - portal.cusd.com
- Office 365 - portal.office.com/home (You can download MS Office on your home computer for free. Use this link to sign in with your CUSD credentials.)
- Math Book - You will now find the math book in Clever. Teachers, use THIS LINK.
- iPhone setup - THIS link will take you to a PDF file that will walk you through the setup. If you have an android device, you can extract the content you need from that tutorial to sync email, contacts, and calendar tools.
Collaboration and Lesson Building
- Blendspace - https://www.tes.com/
Reset Student Passwords
How do I reset student passwords? Here is a small tutorial that will walk you through the steps of how to reset student passwords. Each year, passwords will need to be rest for each child in CUSD. Passwords only last 365 days. This how-to video will help. Thank you, Debbie Nelson and Sherri Johnston!
Video #2 in this series can be found HERE.
More tech-rich videos can be found HERE.
Are your students in K, 1, or 2? This may be an option for your team. Watch the attached video. See links while in YouTube for additional video content.
Or, if your team uses iPads, see if this is a viable solution for your team.
Clever at Home - Additional Tools
If a child protests that something is not working at home in Clever, that may be the case. Check out this video to determine how to remedy that. Feel free to post this to your website. Or, share it out with parents.
Parent Connect Emails
You can receive emails of your child's academic progress nightly. Here are the steps needed to sign up for those emails.
Code.org for Teachers
Want a free unit of Computer Science? Well, here you go! This video will walk you through the process of setting up your teacher dashboard. Your students can code all year long. First grade? We've got code for that. Second grade, we've got code for that too. Enjoy this season of coding with your kids.
Clever. Google. Sites. Drive.
Here is a 27-minute tutorial on how to get into Clever, how to get into Drive, how to create your first Google Doc, and how to build your first Google Site. It's certainly not exhaustive, but it will answer some of your initial questions.
If the tutorial is too fast, click on pause to catch up. If the content moves too slow, click on the gear on the bottom right and the video can move to 1.25, 1.5, or 2.0 speed. You'll get through the video faster that way (if that's for you).
Benchmark Advance eAssessment.
How do you assign an eAssessment to your class? How do you turn off the audio portion of the test? How does a child pause a test? Why can you turn the testing screen a different color? How do you make the letters larger? How do you move the text screen so the children can access all the words? Can the children highlight the text? How do the children submit a test? All of these questions will be answered in this video. Lastly, you will learn how to troubleshoot pop-up blockers.
Benchmark Annotations. HERE is a link to another Benchmark video. This one will show you how to create an annotation assignment. You can also get access to the notes your students make for grading purposes.
Benchmark Assessment Reports
Trying to maneuver through the Benchmark Assessment Report area? See if this video helps you navigate through those tabs, links, and tools.
- PTCFast.com - https://ptcfast.com/ -- This website lets you set up your Parent Teacher Conferences easily. Parents can land here and choose from one of the time slots that you have pre-selected. They can get email reminders. You can easily access the entire spread of conference dates and times with attendees at the click of a button--save as PDF and email to your Office Manager if you choose.
- ClassroomScreen.com -- This is a resourceful teaching tool, instructional tool, presentation tool, and communication tool. Can the kids talk right now? Is it a whisper time? Timer. Clock. Traffic signal. QR generator. Communication illustrations. Randomizer. Student selector. And more. Oh, and it's FREE.
- PDFCandy - Use this to tweak, adjust, or modify any file to be a better PDF (or a PDF for the very first time).
- ClassroomQ - This instrument helps regulate what child is next in the queue.