ACS Athens Academy
Program of Studies
ACS Athens is a student-centered international school, embracing American educational philosophy, principles and values.
Through excellence in teaching and diverse educational experiences, ACS Athens challenges all students to realize their unique potential: academically, intellectually, socially and ethically -- to thrive as responsible global citizens.
Our Belief Statement
We believe that:
- ACS Athens is a student-centered institution in the pursuit of academic excellence, building upon each student’s unique talents and abilities
- student learning is a shared responsibility of the student, the school and the family.
- students learn and develop best in an environment of cooperation, belonging and trust.
- diversity takes many forms and that respect for and acceptance of diversity is a source of richness in our community.
- possessing a strong sense of civic responsibility and an ethic of service is fundamental to effective global citizenship.
- education exists to promote intellectual, emotional and physical wholeness and ethical decision-making.
- our community exists to provide opportunities for all of our students to reach their full potential.
- learning is a life-long process.