Purpose: Focus the parent community on the needs of Towson PTSA members and their children. The president presides at all meetings of the board of directors, executive committee and general membership. They are an ex-officio member of all committees except the nominating committee. They initial all bank receipts and sign all contracts. They also are one of the PTSA's representative to the council.
Active/busiest Time of Year: Early in the school year, organizing chair positions and getting to know the staff and faculty.
Estimated number of hours: 2 to 4 hours per week
Length of position: One year or two year term
Current Volunteer: Amy Kline
Current commitment: 2107-2018 school year
Position open: TBD
"The role of PTA president has been very rewarding for me. I learned a great deal, experienced first-hand communication with the administration and staff of THS. I have worked with outstanding volunteers and I was able to put my talents and knowledge to use as a leader in the school community." ---Karen Bark, 2014/15 PTSA President
- Address the school population at one general meeting
- Introduce and vote on the annual budget
- Facilitate monthly meetings
- Develop PTSA unit leadership for the future.
- Organize: plan and set priorities
- Recruit, manage, motivate and retain volunteers
- Welcome a diverse and inclusive group of members, volunteers and leaders
- Run effective programs
- Manage money
- Support membership growth and retention
- Run effective meetings
- Advocate on behalf of students
- Transition to the next leadership team