To be held on
Friday 17 August 2018 at 10.30 am
The Sydney Room
Bury Village Hall
An Extraordinary Meeting of Bury Parish Council has been called to discuss the following matters due to the last full Parish Council Meeting on 23 July 2018 being cancelled due to not being quorate.
Members of the public may attend this meeting if they wish.
- The Standing Orders and Financial Regulations
- Planning applications
- Co-option – New Councillors
- Date of the next full Parish Council Meeting: 17 September 2018
Signed: Lynnette Leeson, Rod Pearce and John Labarte.
Bury Parish Council needs YOU!…
Date of the next Parish Council Meeting at 6.30 pm:
After a very busy four or five years for the Parish Council during which we have successfully progressed our Neighbourhood Plan through to its adoption as part of the statutory Planning framework and achieved a raft of other improvements around the Villages and Parish, a number of Councillors have had to step down for a variety of reasons.
We find ourselves in a situation where we need to recruit new Councillors in order to keep the Council going. If we fail to do this, then there is the risk that we will have insufficient numbers to operate. It is possible that we would then effectively have to rely on Chichester District Councillors to run the Parish affairs on our behalf. If that were to happen, then the practicalities of keeping all activities that are currently run by the Parish Council going - for example the Village Hall - may become difficult.
Parish Councils are normally elected/re-elected every four years, and the current term ends next May, so ideally we are looking for people that would be willing to serve for the remainder of this term and all/the majority of next such that we do not end up in the same situation again. Clearly individual circumstances change and any time, or period, you have available to help will be beneficial to the Parish.
The Parish Council's role includes:
- Responding to the South Downs Park Authority as Consultee on Planning applications and other Planning concerns.
- Managing the Finances of the Council - setting the Council tax precept , the monies from which are then managed to the benefit of the Parish.
- Looking after the Village Hall and Bury Green, the Recreation Ground, Pill Pond, the Wharf and other assets in the Parish.
- Other General Village maintenance, including Footpaths and Public Rights of Way.
- Working on projects and activities to reduce the impact of the A29.
If you have an interest in helping to keep our Villages and Parish as we would all wish them to be then please consider becoming a Parish Councillor.
Please contact the Parish Council Clerk at email@example.com or via the Parish Council letterbox at the Village Hall.
It would help immensely if you were able provide a few words to cover: “Why I would like to be on the Bury Parish Council”, including:
- Details about yourself – who you are, where you live and for how long, any local and family connections, any current involvement with village clubs, activities, events etc. and your contact details (postal address, e-mail and telephone)
- Details of experience, skills and qualifications and in particular please indicate which of the following Parish Council Committees/areas you feel would be best matched to your skills and interests: Finance, Recreation Ground, Planning, Footpaths/Rights of Way, Village Maintenance, Village
- Hall/Bury Green, A29/Highways, Communications.
Details of any particular issues that have prompted you to apply (such as a planning issue, historic or wildlife conservation concern or interest in a particular Parish amenity)
We thank you for your interest and willingness to volunteer some of your valuable time in the interests of the Parish and look forward to hearing from you.
Mobile Post Office
The mobile Post Office Van will be in Bury outside the Village Hall between 11.00 - 12.00 on Mondays and Thursdays.
Nextdoor local network
Nextdoor is an online service that enables communities to communicate among neighbours and build stronger neighbourhoods. A local group was established for Bury and the surrounding area by Dave Nelson.
On Nextdoor, members can:
- Share local recommendations (plumbers, electricians, babysitters, etc.)
- Sell or give away household items.
- Publicise local events.
- Exchange information about crime and safety issues.
- Find neighbours in the directory.
- View a neighbourhood map.
- Ask for advice.