William Reed Thomas Smith
29. Pair of semi-detached cottages on the west side of the main street.
Erected in 1859/60. (CH Ms)
These Cottages form part of Six Cottages, all semi-detached
(opposite Salmon’s Shop), built in 1859/60 on Land No. 493 on
Tithe Map of 1840 and site of the Maltern, the Hawk House, tenement
behind and Barn or Shed called Coopers Shop and garden of Hawk House
and part of field called Hammells (483).
Now shown on New Tithe Map of 1873 as part of W 493 – cont’g 1.0.18
Wm Reed Thos Smith,
29. William Reed Head Mar. 62 Carpenter Born Widdington 1871 Census.
Elizabeth Reed wife 59 Widdington
George Reed son 32 Widdington
Thomas Smith Head Mar. 32 Farm lab. Born Debden
Sarah Smith wife 32 Widdington
Elijah Smith son 6 Widdington
Walter Smith son 3 Widdington
Rebecca Smith dau. 1 Widdington
32. Pair of semi-detached cottages built on the west side
of the road from Newport to Widdington.
The inscription on the front reads: Freehold 1866. Rebuilt 1858.
[Added in pencil: last but one pair on the road from Widdington
to Newport, (CH Ms)
New pair of Cottages built on site of Cottage and garden
purchased of Coate No 361 on Tithe Map Freehold
Stamped: C Potts Photo Stanstead Essex,