The goal of Search Marketing is to be sure that Google sees your site clearly, NOT a way to trick Google about the contents of your site. Proper search marketing will help you get better traffic and will also serve to make the Google search engine results more efficient. If you try to trick Google into thinking your site is something it is not, their quality assurance team will find out and could possibly remove you from Google for violating their usage rules. Many strategies used by amateurs, such as white words on a white background, pretending you have twenty sites because you have twenty web addresses or gratuitously repeating words, could get you removed from Google!
The Three Main Components of Search Engine Optimization, a.k.a. Search Marketing:
Look at your website like Google Does! Then, train Google how to look at your site. Google is very receptive to your help on how to refer people to your site. You have to train Googlebot how to put your site into Google, BUT also remember, that at some point, a human being at Google, YES they do have humans still, will look at your listing to validate its pertinence. Do NOT try to trick Google!
- Train yourself using Google research tools. Get bench marks.
- Search optimize your Website, blog, and links from other sites like social networks.
- Train Google how to see your site and drive traffic to it.
Since we know most of you do not have the ability to properly optimize your Website for the search engines, we created a highly search optimized Website to help you do it yourself. You can also pay somebody else a smaller amount of money to do the Search Optimization for you. Through the proper use of social networks you can reduce marketing costs significantly.
Many social networking marketers use existing news content and new content, optimize it, add highly search optimized links to your site to accomplish the following:
Top 6 Quick Tips to Get More Traffic From other peoples sites/social networks:
- Drive direct traffic from the social network/Website.
- Train Google how to send more traffic, and more highly qualified traffic, to your site. The result will be more sales per dollar spent and more Google traffic in the long term. This traffic is sticky traffic and, unlike Pay Per Click traffic, will result in years of traffic from the natural search within Google.
More detailed ways to use social networks to drive traffic AND tell Google how you want to be found in their search results.
- Make Titles very descriptive.
- Text, or body in blog posts, matches Title.
- Add Titles and Alt Tags to links and images that MATCH the title of the image or blog post.
- USE the TAGS effectively. Use quotes a LOT.
- Post things regularly to get to the top of the Latest Activities, images, blogs, etc.
- Link to your site EVERYPLACE you are allowed to enter HTML. Don't forget Tip 3!
Sample Image Submittal. Use Quotes & Commas As Shown!
- ASK GOOGLE what key-phrases are best for your site! Do some research on what key-phrases are best for your business, industry, region and niche products? You will be surprised how people find your site. Look at your website stats and use Google, ask Google, what phrases are best.
- List all your data, even stuff from your Website, in social networks. More content is better and as long as we don't completely recreate your Websites main content, Google has no problem with this. PLUS, ALL your information you add to social networks is highly search optimized.
- Use the titles better. When you are asked what the title of your image, blog post, etc. is, don't just say Picture 1 Blog Post 2, etc. This is a horrible mistake. Use MORE text that is based on your Key-phrase strategy.
- Put as much in the description that you can fit. Remember, you are writing for Googlebot, FIRST, and for human readers second. Sometimes a well optimized sentence looks a little awkward to human readers, but when Google recommends you as the source for your information, they are likely to click to visit your site.
- USE ALL social network features! There are applications in social networks that you have to add. One very handy app is called Shopit. This is a very low cost, starting at $10 per month, ecommerce plugin to sell products online. Test a product, etc.
- USE the tags effectively! Tags are one way Google will look at your content you add into social networks. If you sell health care products online, then one of your key-phrases might be "Buy Mattress Pads Online." When you add tags, you add one in quotes such rather than adding single words like: buy, mattress, pads, online.
- MATCH, MATCH, MATCH. Match content, titles, tags, descriptions, image names, etc. When your information matches up well, Google assumes that you actually know what your key-phrases should be. If you don't know, then why should Google take your recommendations? This goes back to a well defined key-phrase strategy. IF you don't know the best way for people to find you, then Google will assume it is better off guessing, rather than following your advice.
Title: BIZ NAME at the Utica St. Patrick's Day Parade
Description: This is ( Inside the link href put a title like title="Key-phrases" ) float at the 34th annual St. Patrick's Day Parade in Utica New York. This is one of many events in the Upstate New York area this time of year.
Tags: "BIZ NAME", "INDUSTRY", "MY NAME", "Utica NY", "Upstate NY", "St. Patrick's Day Parade", "Parade in Utica", "MY BIZ PRODUCTS"