PLUS-Kenya is partnering with these NGOs: Empowering Lives Int. (ELI), close collaboration in Kerio Valley; Kenya Institute for Organic Farming (KIOF); http://www.kiof.org; Participatory Approaches for Integrated Development (PAFID); PAFID on Facebook. PAFID is expert on conservation agriculture and has fully adopted and integrated Vetiver System as part of the conservation agriculture package.
PLUS-K is Kenya's home to The Vetiver Network International (TVNI) www.vetiver.org
- and private sector: GreenCycle Consulting (GCC) GreenCycle Consulting for capacity building on environment, -management, agriculture and livestock; Green-Water Solutions www.green-water.org for drainage and waste water solutions.
Further partnerships are sought with NGOs, GoK, private sector, including:
- Private sector: EnviroConserve (and other media), Planning Systems Services, Green-Water Solutions, Lafarge Ecosystems, road contractors, ...
- NGOs: additional partnerships are also sought with: SACDEP, PELUM, Africa Harvest, IDPG, RAE trust (Baringo), Biogar Innovations (Nyanza), FARM-Africa, Naivasha Basin Sustainability Initiative (NBSI), etc.
- Authorities: NEMA, Water Resource Management Authority, Kerio Valley Development Authority, Min. of Agriculture, Min. of Roads, KERRA, KRA, ..
- Research institutes and Universities: KARI, Universities: Egerton University, University of Nairobi, Great Lakes University, Kenyatta University.ca
"Tenderly, he looked into the rushing water, into the transparent green,
into the crystal lines of its drawing, so rich in secrets.
Bright pearls he saw rising from the deep, quiet bubbles of air floating on the reflecting surface, the blue of the sky being depicted in it.
With a thousand eyes, the river looked at him, with green ones, with white ones, with crystal ones, with sky-blue ones.
How did he love this water, how did it delight him, how grateful was he to it! In his heart he heard the voice talking, which was newly awaking, and it told him:
Love this water! Stay near it! Learn from it! Oh yes, he wanted to learn from it, he wanted to listen to it.
He who would understand this water and its secrets, so it seemed to him, would also understand many other things, many secrets, all secrets."
Poem from Herman Hesse (extract from Siddhartha)
PLUS-Kenya's core values are guided by a vision on the intrinsic value of
functional ecosystems, and in search of solutions that stick and
stay, like fertile CLAY:
C: changed paradigm: recognize the value of biodiversity,
L: leading communities to innovate land use at a significant scale, to
A: alter livelihoods in significant ways:
Y: yielding more food and water, sustaining ecosystems for our children.
PLUS-K is an extremely proud
associate of The Vetiver Network International; please see the
achievements of TVNI, for good reasons prized, and top-rated among the
'Best Non-Profit' 2012 AND AGAIN 'Best Non-Profit' 2013: TVNI achievements and way forward (by Dick Grimshaw)