This script for Daz Studio lets you quickly create a text label, and apply it to a surface in the scene.
Ideal for those who use Daz Studio to create tutorials
Pre-Requisite : this script makes use of the services offered by imageMagick
Jun 14, 2012 10:17 PM
corrected problem: script did not accept new paths to imagemagic's convert.exe
May 23, 2012 9:39 PM update, opacity map and Face-the-camera
May 16, 2012 8:26 PM release
download and install imagemagick -->
Although you can install it anywhere, i suggest you install it in c:\imagemagick
The script itself is in the zip package is found at the bottom of this page
unzip it in your daz content folder, typically C:\Program Files\DAZ\Studio\content\
once installed, it will appear in your content library, under Studio / Scripts / mcasual
Select the surface you want to label
launch the script
Here are the default settings
- click on the "imagemagick/convert" button and browse up to convert.exe in imagemagic's installation folder
- in the "label" section, enter your text. Use \n to provoke a carriage-return-line-feed.
example: The quick brown\nfox jumps over\nthe lazy dawg.
- click on the "image out file name" and select a folder where your label/images will be stored
- change the "image out file name" to your liking.
- you can also set the "image out file ext" to any format supported by Daz Studio. Don't for get to include the dot.
- options 4 to 6 are sent directly to imagemagick/convert, so you must only use the very specific set of words allowed by imagemagick. It's very likely that you'll need to read imagemagick's documentation to get all of its neat features to work for you
list of legal color names : http://www.imagemagick.org/script/color.php
how to get the available (usable) fonts : http://www.imagemagick.org/script/command-line-options.php#font
how to use "gravity" to justify the text : http://www.imagemagick.org/script/command-line-options.php#gravity
note that since options 1 to 6 are sent as-is, you could bend this script to do all the stupendous image processing imagemagick is capable of.
Do's and Dont's
Avoid using the background and fill sections to send supplemental commands to imagemagick, since this will prevent the opacity-map function to work.
make/use opacity map
if checked, this option will bring the creation of an opacity map ( white fill / black background) and apply it to the Opacity map of the selected object
Align billboard to face the camera
Face Camera Button
meant to be used for primitive-planes, rotates the plane to that it faces the camera, then rotates the plane to make its top edge horizontal
common PC Fonts