Good GRITS Anthology
Good G.R.I.T.S. - Girls Raised in the South
BOTR Press, LLC seeks submissions of true story prose and verse on the subject of "Good G.R.I.T.S. - Girls Raised in the South" for a fundraising anthology to benefit a food ministry. All royalties will go directly to the ministry. The name of the ministry will be revealed at Christmas time 2018. Target publication date is Spring 2019.
No compensation to writers is involved, but contributors will retain all rights to their work except for one-time publication rights in the book. Previously published articles are okay, if the author has the rights - just indicate where and when original publication occurred so we can credit the appearance.
Contributors will be able to purchase copies of the book at cost (plus shipping) for their own use or sale.
Please direct any questions to info@BOTRPress.com.
What are we looking for?
This book aims to be a feel-good look at Southern women, a celebration of GRITS.
We want well-written true stories and poems reflecting what it means to be a Girl Raised in the South. Whether you grew up below the Mason-Dixon Line or in the southern part of your own state or town, we’re looking for a Southern connection. Tell us why you are a GRITS, what being a GRITS means to you, how being a GRITS impacted your life or what you learned from a GRITS, etc.
What we don’t want
No profanity, negativity, violence or political agendas. Submissions will be declined for any of these topics.
1. Submit your work by email to info@BOTRPress.com.
2. Use “GRITS Submission” as the subject line.
3. Put your submission in the body of the email, not an attachment.
4. There is no charge for submission.
5. Keep a copy of your work. Submissions will not be returned.
6. We reserve the right to edit submissions for publication. All authors have the right of final approval over their work.
7. Submission deadline is January 31, 2019.
1. First person true experiences, please.
2. Maximum word count is 5000 words, with a minimum of 500 words.
3. Other than negativity, profanity, violence or political agendas, any approach is acceptable. Humor, inspirational and upbeat submission are preferred.
4. If your submission is selected for the anthology, you will be asked to complete a one-time publication release and short biography form.
1. All forms of verse are welcome.
2. First person true experiences, please.
3. Line limit is 50.
4. Other than negativity, profanity, violence or political agendas, any approach is acceptable. Humor, inspiration and upbeat submissions are preferred.
5. If your verse is selected for the anthology, you will be asked to complete a one-time publication release and short biography form.