ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
2018 Annual General Meeting
The 2018 AGM will be held on Friday, May 18 at McMaster University (lecture theater MDCL 1309) in Hamilton, ON.
There is no charge to attend the AGM, whether in-person or on-line.
Annual General Meeting
AGM Plenary, Thu, May 17, 7:00 - 9:00 pm ET
Prior to the AGM on May 18, the CUC Board invites you to an informal dialogue amongst congregational delegates, leaders, board members, and CUC staff to discuss issues of concern to congregations, in support CUC’s vision, goals, and strategic priorities.
Participate in one of two ways:
- join in via Zoom web meeting platform at https://zoom.us/j/481879706, or call toll-free 1-855-703-8985, meeting ID 481 879 706; OR
- come chat in person at McMaster University, McMaster University Student Centre (MUSC), Room 308-309.
Co-Chairs: Chair and Executive Director
Suggested items for discussion:
- Discussion of membership contact information and CUC privacy statement
- Budgets and Annual Program Contribution
- Endowment Fund, 10-year rule, and amalgamation into General Endowment Fund
- Motions at the AGM
- Other questions and matters
Annual General Meeting
The AGM on Friday, May 18th will run from 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm ET. This schedule accommodates on-line participants, who are requested to sign on 30 minutes ahead of time to check sound and video systems.
Delegates: On-line delegates who have registered by May 1 will be sent instructions and links ahead of time. On-line delegates (ie those not attending in person in Hamilton) who have not registered by May 1 will not be able to participate.
On-line Participation and Voting
The 2018 AGM will include on-line participation and voting, with the same system that was used in 2017. If you have missed one of the six orientation sessions that were previously offered in April and May, we are sorry.
To ensure that your congregation is able to particpate fully on-line in the AGM, we recommend the following:
- Gather your delegates in one location for the AGM, one with reliable high-speed internet
- One person who is familiar with Google forms or is comfortable learning how to operate this, should be responsible for the on-line technology
- Each congregation will have to designate one on-line voting manager - please register this person here by May 10th.
Further information will be sent to on-line delegates before the AGM.
Delegates who have been previously registered by your congregations are approved to vote. Delegates who are participating on-site in Hamilton do not need to bring any certification from their congregations in order to vote.
Information on delegate selection can be found here.