The Ofsted inspection was very thorough and the school was inspected on the new, more rigorous, inspection framework.
Bridgemary School was rated ‘requires improvement’ with some very positive areas:
• The school has improved over the last year.
• Leaders are determined that ‘learners in Gosport deserve and can achieve the very best’.
• They are improving the range of subjects that pupils can study.
• Pupils show tolerance and respect towards one another.
• The Executive Headteacher has a clear picture of what needs to improve. She knows the challenges that need to be overcome. She has prioritised improving the quality of education on offer.
• Teaching is better than it was in the past and so, in turn, is pupils’ learning.
Areas for development that Ofsted have given us:
• Make sure that the schemes of work in the school ensure that pupils learning is checked constantly so that pupils can remember what is taught.
• Ensure that all staff have subject-specific knowledge and skills.
• Ensure subject leaders know how to develop the Curriculum (these are new from the government this year). This has improved this year.