Please see below for information on how to contact Broadlands Academy.
COMMUNICATIONS STRUCTURE - PRIORITY POINTS OF CONTACT
All visitors to the Academy are requested to abide by the Visitors’ Code of Conduct at all times.
Visiting the Academy
Please be advised that where necessary, an appointment can be made in advance to see an appropriate member of staff. Please be aware that staff may only see parents and carers by prior appointment. Please do not visit the Academy and expect to be seen by a particular member of staff without a prior appointment. Sometimes parents and carers may be asked to see a different member of staff who is better placed to deal with the issue raised, rather than the original member of staff requested.
The main phone number into the Academy is 0117 9864791. This will be answered between 8.15am and 4.15pm Monday to Thursday and 8.15am to 3.45pm on Friday (there will be an answerphone to leave a message outside of these times). Your call will initially go through an automated system which will give the following options:
- Report a student absence or for any attendance related queries
- Report a staff absence
- Contact the Pastoral Hub Team (please note that Pastoral Hub staff work directly with students during the school day and you may therefore need to leave a voicemail message which will be responded to by an appropriate member of the team)
- Contact the school kitchen
- Hold the line to speak to a member of the Main Reception Team
For queries regarding Free School Meals, school trip payments or any Finance issues, please contact Main Reception in the first instance on 0117 9864791 and your query will be directed to the most appropriate member of staff.
Child Protection and Safeguarding
If you have a child protection or safeguarding concern, please contact Mr C Jackson (Designated Safeguarding Lead and Vice Principal) or Ms G Barendt (Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead and Student Welfare Assistant) on 0117 9864791.
Student Welfare and Inclusion
Form Tutor: Please refer any issues regarding welfare to your child’s tutor in the first instance. They can be contacted on the main school number (0117 9864791). They will aim to contact you within 48 hrs.
Pastoral Hub Team:
- Ms L Genge, Ms G Barendt and Mr M Leakey: Should be contacted if working specifically with your child.
- Year 7 Co-ordinator (Ms C Harrisson), Year 8 & 9 Co-ordinator (Ms K Daly) and Year 10 & 11 Co-ordinator (Ms B Doherty): Can be contacted if your child’s tutor has been unable to resolve your issue.
- Vice Principal (Mr C Jackson): Can be contacted if your child’s Year Co-ordinator has been unable to resolve your issue.
- Attendance: Please contact the Attendance Co-ordinator (Ms C Ferris) regarding absence, attendance issues or in response to Truancy Call. Please use the main school number (0117 9864791) and select the student absence option or the direct number 0117 9161117.
- School Nurse (Ms K Carpenter): If you are involved with the school nurse, you can contact her via the School Nursing Service office on 01225 831666. Please click here to access the B&NES School Nursing Service website.
SEND: If your query is regarding your child’s special educational needs, then you will need to contact our SENDCO (Ms E Kelly) or Assistant SENDCO (Ms W Brady) on 0117 9864791.
In the first instance, with any curriculum/subject concerns or questions, please contact your child’s teacher for that subject on 0117 9864791. They will aim to respond to you within 48 hrs. (Please note: the Pastoral Hub Team will be unable to provide you with the appropriate response to a curriculum issue, so please contact your child’s teacher).
More urgent or serious concerns will be escalated by your child’s teacher to the Curriculum Leader for that subject. If you have a complaint regarding a subject or curriculum area, please contact the relevant Curriculum Leader on 0117 9864791.
- English: Mr P Dunn
- Maths: Mr G Kinkead
- Science and Computer Science: Ms N Perumal
- Humanities and Modern Foreign Languages: Mr J Evans
- Performing and Creative Arts: Ms R Linnegar
- Physical Education and Vocational: Mr J Boulton
- Technology: Ms Z Wilson
Examinations: Please contact our Exams Officer, Ms S Hayes, with any exam queries on 0117 9864791.
Work Experience and Careers Guidance: Please contact Main Reception in the first instance with any work experience or careers queries on 0117 9864791. The Careers Lead for the Academy is Mr C Jackson.
If you wish to contact a member of staff via email, please send your message to firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be forwarded to the relevant member of staff for an aimed response within two school days.
You can also contact us by completing the form below.