Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment
Curriculum (what we teach), instruction (how we teach) and assessment (how we know students are learning) are at the heart of the Beatrice Public Schools. Explore these pages to learn more about our instructional philosophies and strategies and to connect to online services to help you as a student, parent/guardian or member of our teaching team.
Our mission is to provide leadership and support in the district's effort to ensure the best possible educational experience to each and every student in BPS. For the 2018-2019 school year, some specific district wide areas of focus include:
- Developing an MTSS process at the elementary level in the 18-19 school year,
- Focusing on Effective Instruction in the Classroom
- Supporting our administration through coaching with Marzano Research
- Promoting the instructional focus of Professional Learning Communities at all of our school sites and among school administrators
- Providing staff development that allows teachers to increase engagement and the use of instructional technology
- Developing rigor and higher order thinking in all instructional areas
- Developing and implementing the instructional model at each level
- Infusing staff goals based on the instructional model
- Evaluating our progress toward having all schools be a High Reliability School
Beatrice Public Schools District offers a balanced curriculum that provides support for the academic, social, physical, and emotional development of the whole-child. All areas of curriculum are aligned with state or federal standards and are continuously reviewed by staff and administrators.