Jesus upgraded the concept of God in Judaism
When we open the Bible to read from the book Genesis, we learn that the Architect of everything that exists is Jehovah God. We know the Creator as Jehovah because that is the name He took to reveal Himself to Moses and the Israelites.
Exodus 3:13-15 YLT
(13) And Moses saith unto God, 'Lo, I am coming unto the sons of Israel, and have said to them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you, and they have said to me, What is His name? what do I say unto them?'
(14) And God saith unto Moses, 'I AM THAT WHICH I AM;' He saith also, 'Thus dost thou say to the sons of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.'
(15) And God saith again unto Moses, 'Thus dost thou say unto the sons of Israel, Jehovah, God of your fathers, God of Abraham, God of Isaac, and God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you; this is My name—to the age, and this My memorial, to generation—generation.
As He told Moses later on, no one before their encounter knew Him under the name Jehovah. He told Moses that He was known as El-Shaddai.
Exodus 6:2-3 MKJV
(2) And God spoke to Moses, and said to him, I am Jehovah.
(3) And I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob as God Almighty [EL-SHADDAI]. But I was not known to them by the name JEHOVAH.
So, contrary to what you read about names in plural of God, God told Moses that He is to be known only by one name which is YHWH or YAHWEH or Jehovah. Fast forward, we read that Jesus is to reveal His new name at the renewal of all things.
Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. (Revelation 3:12 KJV)
However, when Jesus Christ appeared to the scene of Judaism, the Apostle John presents Him as the Architect of all that exists, just as we read in the book of Genesis that Jehovah is the Architect of all things that exist. Therefore, a word to the wise should have been enough. It should not take a rocket scientist to understand that the Architect Creator of the book of Genesis is the same Architect Creator of the book of Apostle John. Plainly stated, Apostle John, in his Gospel, presents Jesus as Jehovah God made flesh.
Jesus Himself professes and asserts that He is the Star main character in the pages of the Scriptures:
Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. (John 5:39 KJV)
As such, we should understand why Jesus made no mention of Jehovah as His God, the One who sent Him. He mentioned Jehovah during His ministry only in quoting the Scriptures. Jesus never invoked the name Jehovah in any of His conversations with God as His God. Jesus refers to His God as Father. Some demand the actual name of the Father but Jesus does not reveal the name of the Father. For example, in His praying model, He teaches that we address His God as Our Father, not by the Father's unknown name.
Matthew 6:9 MKJV
(9) Therefore pray in this way: Our Father, who is in Heaven, Hallowed be Your name.
He did state that He reveals the name of the Father.
John 17:25-26 LITV
(25) Righteous Father, indeed the world did not know You, but I knew You; and these have known that You sent Me.
(26) And I made known to them Your name, and will make it known, that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them.
But, if you look at the Greek word translated into the English word name, you may notice that there are other meanings to the Greek word.
ónoma; gen. onómatos, neut. noun. Name, title, character, reputation, person. (cited from The Complete Word Study).
Keep in my mind that it is not correct to say, for example, "by His name LORD" because LORD or Lord is not a name but a title or a reference word... In John 17:26, I would read instead "And I made known to them Your Person" since Jesus has not said what the name of the Father is but did say that He reveals the Father. One cannot reveal what is already known but what has not been known.
It is very intriguing, thought-provoking that Jesus does not direct us to address God as Jehovah who is known as the Father of the Jews (Isaiah 63:16; 64:8).
1 Chronicles 29:10 MKJV
(10) And David blessed Jehovah before all the congregation. And David said, Blessed are You, Jehovah, the God of Israel our father, forever and ever.
Isaiah 63:16 LITV
(16) For You are our Father, though Abraham does not know us, and Israel does not acknowledge us; You, Jehovah, are our Father, our Redeemer; Your name is from everlasting.
Isaiah 64:8 LITV
(8) But now, Jehovah, You are our Father. We are the clay, and You are our Former; yea, we all are Your handiwork.
In fact, the main charge for His death penalty was blasphemy because He made Himself seen as Jehovah God.
John 5:18 YLT
(18) because of this, then, were the Jews seeking the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the sabbath, but he also called God his own Father, making himself equal to God.
Concerning the Sabbath, we know that it was instituted by Jehovah God. Jesus claims that ownership of the Sabbath, therefore as Jehovah, as He declared that
Matthew 12:8 KJVA
(8) For the Son of man is Lord [or Jehovah] even of the sabbath day.
Since Jesus is the Author of our Christian faith, we must take Him for whom He says He is and for whom the New Testament teaches that Jesus is The Word who created everything, hence, who is Jehovah God, according to John chapter 1. John even attests that the Prophet Isaiah saw Jesus's glory.
John 12:39-41 LITV
(39) Because of this they could not believe, because Isaiah said again,
(40) "He has blinded their eyes" and "has hardened their heart," "that they might not see with the eyes" and "understand with the heart," "and be converted," "and I should heal them." (Isaiah. 6:10)
(41) Isaiah said these things when he saw His glory, and spoke about Him.
The terrifying live experience of Isaiah
Isaiah 6:1-10 LITV
(1) In the year that King Uzziah died, then I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up. And His train filled the temple.
(2) Above it stood the seraphs. Each one had six wings; with two he covered his face; and with two he covered his feet; and with two he flew.
(3) And one cried to the other and said, Holy, holy, holy is Jehovah of Hosts; all the earth is full of His glory!
(4) And the doorposts shook from the voice of the one who cried; and the house was filled with smoke.
(5) Then I said, Woe is me! For I am cut off; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I live amongst a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, Jehovah of Hosts.
(6) Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, snatched with tongs from the altar.
(7) And he touched it on my mouth, and said, See, this has touched your lips; and your iniquity is taken away, and your sin is covered.
(8) And I heard the voice of Jehovah, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us? Then I said, Behold me. Send me!
(9) And He said, Go and say to this people, Hearing you hear, but do not understand; and seeing you see, but do not know.
(10) Make the heart of this people fat, and make his ears heavy, and shut his eyes, that he not see with his eyes, and hear with his ears, and understand with his heart, and turn back, and one heals him.
Whom did Isaiah say that he saw (not in a vision) as cited by Apostle John? The King (John 1:49), Jehovah.
Isaiah 6:5 LITV
(5) Then I said, Woe is me! For I am cut off; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I live amongst a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, Jehovah of Hosts.
Nathanael answered and said to Him, Rabbi, You are the Son of God; You are the King of Israel.
(John 1:49 LITV)
Jesus was condemned to death because He acted a lot as Jehovah God, Apostle John bluntly presented Him as the Creator who we know is Jehovah God who is also known as the King of Israel, and Nathanael testified that Jesus is the King of Israel... And there is more and more on this website that clamors the same truth from the Bible....
The Scriptural evidence is overwhelming to see Jesus as none other than Jehovah God made flesh by God the Father whom only Jesus has revealed to mankind as the true never seen, never heard God besides Him.
Nevertheless, you may not grasp the Jesus Messiah Christ Jehovah God of this website if He has not revealed Himself to you.
Matthew 11:27 KJV
(27) All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
Do you know who the Father is? Do you know who Jesus is? If you do not, do you or would you want to?
Since the doctrine of the Father and the doctrine of Jesus as Jehovah in flesh can only be understood by revelation, it is obvious that you get on your knees and talk to Jesus. This website is here to expose the clues for your appreciation.
Is it important that we know the difference between the Father, the Son, and Jesus Christ in our duty to go make disciples and teach them all that Jesus taught the Apostles ? You bet, because even teaching the wrong doctrine to others suffices to rob us our salvation:
Mark 7:6-7 KJV
(6) He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
(7) Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Jesus was asked what the first commandment is? Meditate on how He handled the question.
Mark 12:28-34 EMTV
(28) Then one of the scribes came, after he heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that He had answered them well, asked Him, "Which is the first commandment of all?"
(29) Jesus answered him, "The first of all the commandments is: 'Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God is one LORD.
(30) ' And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.' This is the first commandment.
(31) And the second, like it, is this: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these."
(32) So the scribe said to Him, "Well said, Teacher, in truth You said that He is one, and there is no other besides Him.
(33) And to love Him with the whole heart, and with the whole understanding, with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love one's neighbor as oneself, is more than all the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices."
(34) Now when Jesus saw that he answered intelligently, He said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God." And no one dared any longer to question Him.
I am interested in verse 29 which is a quote from the Scriptures:
Hear, Israel: Yahweh is our God. Yahweh is one. (Deuteronomy 6:4 WEB)
Consider the translation of the Hebrew YAHWEH into LORD in English or Kurios in Greek. It is clear that YAHWEH=LORD. And since the name and the noun that refers to the name is one, we can say that YAHWEH=LORD=Lord also, in speaking of the heavenly Being as a person. If you read in the New Testament that someone, in a conversation addresses the other as "lord", as in Revelation 17:3-4, it does not mean that, as that religion teaches, there is more than one Lord in heavens.
Revelation 7:13-14 WEB
(13) One of the elders answered, saying to me, “These who are arrayed in the white robes, who are they, and from where did they come?”
(14) I told him, “My lord, you know.” He said to me, “These are those who came out of the great tribulation. They washed their robes, and made them white in the Lamb’s blood.
There is no way that verse 14 implies that there is more than one Lord in heaven as that other religion teaches millions of her believers who do believe her to be right, in their attempt to refute the logical YAHWEH=LORD=Lord in translating because they do not believe in the true Jesus Christ.
Now, if we believe that Jesus is from above, is the Creator, as the Apostle John presents Him in John 1 and if we believe that the Creator is Jehovah God of the book of Genesis and that there is only one Jehovah or LORD or Lord Creator in the abode of God in Heaven, necessarily we must conclude and admit and believe that Jesus Christ is Jehovah God. There can be no other reasoning. And that conclusion is not an opinion.
Lamentably, the greatest challenge in Christianity is the eternal virus of misinformation which has been twisting the word of God since the fall of Eve and Adam. To wit, while I dedicate this website to establish that, at every angle, Jesus Christ is none other than Jehovah God in flesh, there are other Christian websites dedicated to misguide many in quoting the same Bible to teach that Jesus is not Jehovah. Google it.
Has Satan been twisting the common language of the Bible to your mind as the use of Revelation 17:14 to strip Jesus of His divine rights along with other verses to turn your mind into an unsuspected Antichrist?
Matthew 10:32-33 EMTV
(32) "Therefore whoever who will confess Me before men, I also will confess Him before My Father who is in heaven.
(33) But whoever denies Me before men, I also will deny him before My Father who is in heaven.
This website is about discovering who Jesus Christ was and is.
It turned out that even the disciples, who found Jesus after His baptism or were chosen by Him and excitedly followed Him, did not really know who Jesus was. I say that because when Jesus posed the question to them about Who He really is and only Peter got the correct answer (Matthew 16:16), Jesus quickly told Peter that He got the right answer only because His Father revealed it to him (Matthew 16:17). Based on the declaration of Jesus on determining His true identity, we can conclude that there is no documentary nor research that can grasp Jesus. When you share that revelation with others, do not expect them to instantly grasp it. They must ready their minds and hearts to get stricken by Jesus who will in turn reveals Himself to the stricken heart (Matthew 11:27). As the contemporaries of Jesus had their own wrong conception of Jesus so do we today in [circulating] a modern concept of Jesus that is different from the time of Jesus (Matthew 16:13-15).
All I want to infer is that the content of the website will speak to your mind and your heart for understanding it, only if Jesus has revealed Himself to you. You may think that because you have been saved for many years you must know Jesus inside out. But if Jesus has not revealed Himself to you, you have not been teaching the true Jesus who was God (John 1), hence, Jehovah. I mean, your concept of Jesus might have have been based on a false doctrine.
Unfortunately, those who believe in false doctrines and teach false doctrines will not be saved (Mark 7:7), even if they carry the firm assurance in their hearts that they are already saved. Remember that in the judgement day Jesus declares that He will tell many powerful, miracle worker Christians that He never knew them. Jesus warned that those powerful Christians will be very disappointed. Have you been misguided on who Jesus was and is?
So, peruse this website carefully with prayers to fine-tune your Christian beliefs to ascertain of their veracity in order to avoid being victim of the great deception at the resurrection.
and "every tongue should confess" that Jesus Christ is "Lord", to the glory of God the Father. [Isaiah. 45:23] (Philippians 2:11 LITV)
What does it mean to "confess that Jesus Christ is Lord"?
Who is denying that Jesus is Lord? Jesus is referred to as "Lord Jesus" by all. There is no known movement against Jesus to deny that He is Lord. There is a push, however, to deny that He is God, that is, Jehovah God. Most of us are aware that the main criminal charge that got Him crucified was that He made Himself equal to God or, more plainly, He made Himself Jehovah, considering that the name of the God of Israel is Jehovah God (John 5:18, Philippians 2:6).
Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God. (John 5:18 KJV)
Hence, there is more, deeper insight to dig out of the word 'Lord' in the statement of Philippians 2:11 which asserts that the day will come when every tongue will confess that "Jesus is Lord". Note that Philippians 2:11 echoes or quotes Isaiah 45:23 which is also an affirmation of Jehovah God.
I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear. (Isaiah 45:23 KJV)
Philippians 2:9-11 EMTV
(9) Therefore God also has highly exalted Him, and has graciously given Him a name which is above every name,
(10) that at the name of Jesus every knee may bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth,
(11) and that every tongue may confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Thus, if you have a curious mind, begin to meditate on the parallelism between Jesus and Jehovah God, in that both Jesus and Jehovah claim the same attributes and statements, inasmuch as we read that both Jesus and the Scriptures state that "Jehovah (LORD) is One" (Deuteronomy 6:4,Mark 12:29 ) and as even Philippians 2:10 makes Jesus and Jehovah God to be same Being.
Hear, O Israel, Jehovah our God is one Jehovah. (Deuteronomy 6:4 LITV)
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: (Deuteronomy 6:4 KJV)
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: (Mark 12:29 KJV)
Still, pray for understanding!
P.S. The vocabulary of the New Testament is not new, when it comes to words referring to Jehovah God. Those words did not suddenly vanish and get eclipsed by the same identical words used to refer to Jesus. The New Testament uses the vocabulary of the Scriptures aka Old Testament to refer to Jesus and, by so doing, the New Testament matches Jesus as Jehovah God (Luke 2:11), King (John 1:49; 12:13), Savior (Luke 2:11), Redeemer (Acts 4:12) of Israel and now of the whole cosmos (Galatians 3:29) . Therefore, "Lord Christ Jesus" simply stands for "Jehovah Messiah Jesus" in the Hebrew of the Scriptures aka Old Testament, which is the mandatory confession of faith of all tongues, believers or not, spoken of in Philippians 2:11. Jesus brought into Judaism a new dimension in the belief system, which is the revelation (see definition of revelation) of the existence of the never seen Father (Matthew 11:27; Luke 10:22), the only True God (John 17:3), thus reconciling the plural Elohim in the Scriptures.
[The advent of Jesus made us as one with the chosen people (Galatians 3:28)].