GENESIS was by Jesus Christ as empowered by the Father
Isaiah 45:5-8 KJV
(5) I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: (6) That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else. (7) I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. (8) Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it.
Luke 2:11 KJV
(11) For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
Who is the Creator?
In the language of the King James Version (KJV) of the Bible, the One who created the world is referred to as the LORD God (also Isaiah 45:5-8).
These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens, (Genesis 2:4 KJV)
The KJV uses the title LORD to avoid using the proper name of God, which is Jehovah, following the custom of the Greek version of the Scriptures (Septuagint) that uses the Greek word Kurios instead of Jehovah to refer to the proper name of God. There are other translations that keep the name of God. Lord is not the name of God but a reference to the name. the word "God" is not a name either but a word of reference or title. So, we read in some other translations that Jehovah God (LORD God) created everything.
These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created in the day that Jehovah God made the earth and the heavens. (Genesis 2:4 MKJV)
The substitution causes confusion in the minds of some when it comes to identify the God creator in the Bible because Jesus Christ is also known as the LORD. Nowadays, the omission of the proper name of God serves as a weapon for the false prophets to steer the minds of many in identifying who the God of heaven is. The Israelites should know that it is Jehovah but the advent of Jesus as God made flesh (Hebrews 1, John 1) challenges the belief that Jehovah is actually the true God whom Jesus refers to. We represent Jesus as the lower case Lord and Jehovah as the upper case LORD. It is blasphemy because we read in Isaiah 45:5 that there is only one GOD or LORD whether that God or Lord of the heavens is in lower or upper case.
Isaiah 45:5-6 LITV
(5) I [am] Jehovah, and [there is] none else; there is no God except Me. I will clothe you, though you do not know Me,
(6) that they may know from the rising of the sun, and to its going down, that [there is] none besides Me; I [am] Jehovah, and there is none else;
according to the KJV
Isaiah 45:6-7 KJV
(6) That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
(7) I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
In the verses above we read about the exclusivity of the use of the word LORD for Jehovah God, the unique God LORD and Creator. However, the Gospel of John also introduces Jesus as the Word God Creator, just like Jehovah God, the Creator in the book of Genesis.
John 1:1-3 EMTV
(1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
(2) He was in the beginning with God.
(3) All things came to be through Him, and without Him nothing came to be which has come to be.
The Apostle Paul also presents Jesus as the Creator:
- Colossians 1:15-17 KJV
(15) Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
(16) For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
(17) And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
Jesus, the active Creator
Some Christian denomination rejects Jesus as the Creator because they claim that the tense of the verses in the Greek are in the passive form to indicate that Jesus was not the active Creator. Unfortunately, any reasoning about the word of God can make sense to those who think alike, no matter how absurd the reasoning may be. Unfortunately for those Christians who deny that Jesus is the active Creator, the author of Hebrews presents Jesus as the active Creator:
And, “You, Lord, in the beginning, laid the foundation of the earth. The heavens are the works of your hands. (Hebrews 1:10 WEB).
To understand the introduction of Jesus in the book of Hebrews (and in the New Testament) as God, that is Jehovah, you have to keep in mind a declaration of Jesus about the Scriptures in John 5:39:
You search the Scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and these are they which testify about Me. (John 5:39 EMTV)
In John 5:39, Jesus is saying that the Old Testament is not about His Father but Jesus Himself, because no one knew yet about the existence of the unseen Father and the Son until His advent. The Word Creator of John chapter one is the same Word Creator in the book of Genesis, who is Jehovah God (Genesis 2:4).
Hence, we read in the book of Hebrews the quote from Psalms 102:25-27 that the author applies to Jesus:
Psalms 102:25-27 LITV
(25) Before time You founded the earth, and the heavens are the work of Your hands.
(26) They shall perish, but You shall endure; yea, all of them shall wear out like a garment; You shall change them like clothing, and they shall be changed.
(27) But You are He, and Your years shall not be ended.
From all the preceding reasoning, we should understand that Jesus is none other than Jehovah God made flesh. [Yet, we, even Christians who do not know who they are worshiping in teaching that Jesus could not have been the Creator because the related verb used in John 1 is the passive form and that Jehovah is the Creator, have thereby made Jehovah the Father and Jesus the Son.... revise sentence]! They do not understand the Scriptures, as Jesus opined in Matthew 22:29.
Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. (Matthew 22:29 KJV)
This is the gospel of Jesus Christ in the New Testament of the Apostles, that Jesus is Jehovah God incarnated, who is described actively in Colossians 1:15-17, among many other verses.
Both Christians and unbelievers can deny that God (Jehovah God, Jesus Christ, the Lord) created the heavens and the earth.
But, that was already prophesied in 2 Peter 3:3-7, except that the Apostles did not expect professed Christians subtlety rejecting Jesus, the Word Creator, the tetragrammon YHWH of Genesis.
2 Peter 3:3 (NIV)
 First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.  They will say, “Where is this ‘coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.”  But they deliberately forget that long ago by God's word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water.  By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed.  By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.
Insights into the narrative of the Creation in Genesis one
Most of us believers in the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, who is Jesus Christ, believe that the earth is as old as the account of Genesis when God customized our environment to sustain life as we know it, that is, over 6,000 years ago, as of this writing in 2018. That is not true if you read the narrative intelligently. While the customization era is over 6,000 years old, the earth and water are ageless, according to Genesis. One may put any age tag on earth, according to the narrative of Genesis.
Jesus, the Word, did not say "Let the waters be" nor: let the earth be". Rather, Jesus called on light to be to dissipate darkness so that the waters could be seen. This light he called into existence to shine did not come from the sun nor the moon which were created later during the week. That is why the Gospel of Jhn introduces Jesus also as the light of the world.
After the shining of of the light, we read that God split the waters in two to make the heavens above. Well, imagine that if you can. Then, He commanded the bottom part of the waters to recede so that the ground (earth) can appear. As you might understand, earth was buried under waters and we do not know for how long. Astronomy has the rocks on the moon older than the rocks on earth but that is just not logical, from Genesis point of view, as astronomy teaches that the earth is older than the moon.
Since it is absurd to ask for a duplication of the works of creation for them to be scientific, we conclude that there is no human scientific discipline that would ever prove Genesis wrong and, as such, that only Jesus could have pulled it off, as empowered by His Father.
Was there a big bang? Well, the Greek language of the New Testament talks about the "katabole (catabolism) of the world as Sarah, the barren wife of Abraham did "katabole" at an old age to enable her to conceive and give birth to Isaac. Could there have been a big bang according to the Bible? I do not see the Bible countering that theory.
So, the Bible does support Science. It is just that Science does not return the favor in acknowledging Jesus as the Architect or, as some put it, the Intelligent Designer of our mind-boggling world.
Page created on June 8, 2018. Last edited June 8, 2018